Lightspeed Sleeping pad

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
wsharp23

Re: Lightspeed Sleeping pad

by wsharp23 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Just an update, ended up going with a Big Agnes Oak Street Insulated air core pad. R value of 4.1 and should be plenty comfy with 2.5" of loft. Picked it up at REI online for $67 with free shipping. I was going to buy a foamy as well but decided to wait and see what the material on the pad is like. If the material seems nice and tough ill hold off on getting the foamy and save some space on my pack.

WyomingSummits

by WyomingSummits » Tue May 20, 2014 2:38 pm

wsharp23 wrote:Just an update, ended up going with a Big Agnes Oak Street Insulated air core pad. R value of 4.1 and should be plenty comfy with 2.5" of loft. Picked it up at REI online for $67 with free shipping. I was going to buy a foamy as well but decided to wait and see what the material on the pad is like. If the material seems nice and tough ill hold off on getting the foamy and save some space on my pack.

You won't regret it.....I love mine. There is always the possibility of it popping.......but if you're in a situation where water is coming in on the floor of your tent, that air pad is a way better option than a foamy. Enjoy your climbing.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Tue May 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I used to have a regular thermarest. When I did a hike at the Grand Canyon I wanted to go extra light, so I bought a 3/4 length ultralite thermarest. I've found that it is just about all that I need. I really only camp out west (on sand) and I don't camp in the winter. When I've gone down to Peru they have given me a thin foam pad that I put under it. For my money, thick pads are usually a waste of weight.

Marcsoltan

by Marcsoltan » Tue May 20, 2014 3:37 pm

wsharp23 wrote:Just an update, ended up going with a Big Agnes Oak Street Insulated air core pad. R value of 4.1 and should be plenty comfy with 2.5" of loft. Picked it up at REI online for $67 with free shipping. I was going to buy a foamy as well but decided to wait and see what the material on the pad is like. If the material seems nice and tough ill hold off on getting the foamy and save some space on my pack.

How much does it weigh?

no avatar
mconnell

by mconnell » Tue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm

Marcsoltan wrote:

How much does it weigh?

24oz

Previous

Return to Gear