Boots..hate to ask but...

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
vaulter1

Re: Boots..hate to ask but...

by vaulter1 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 pm

cbeats wrote:Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone have any experience climbing moderate (WI3 and less) ice in the Condors? Looking for something that can handle hikes in the Northeast winter, moderate alpine stuff out West in the summer, and if I could also use them on warmer ice climbing days up in the Catskills that would be a nice bonus.

Of course if anyone has a pair of LS Nepals in 46.5 that they're looking to get rid of for a good price, that would work too.

I love my Trango Extreme EVO's for both warm and cold days climbing in the Catskills. I find them surprisingly warm for how 'compact' they are and give a nice feel on the ice. I trialed the LS Nepals and while they're a bit warmer, I didn't find them nearly as nimble - though YMMV.

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:53 am

Figured I'd piggyback off this thread.....

Asolo Neutron or Asolo Fugitive? I need a new hiking boot any input of these two?

Thanks
Troy

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:29 am

bump

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:39 am

If you want good boots for crampons, get stiff boots, minimum 1/2 shank equivalent.

Chris Simpson

by Chris Simpson » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:46 pm

The Salewa Pro Guide Insulated fit is a good option. REI members get them for $350 ish right now. I've used them up to 18.5 ft on Orizaba and have day hiked 19 miles in them. They have a walk / climb mode. I dont use the walk mode since they are not 100% rigid although rigid enough to front point up the Pearly Gates on Hood. Hope this helps :)

Previous

Return to Gear