Full resolution enlarged images in a piece

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.
markhallam

Full resolution enlarged images in a piece

by markhallam » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:45 am

Hi all

I have had help from rgg with creating enlarged images in some pieces I have written - but just when I need his help again, the fellow is off climbing in the Alps...

So I need to learn how to do it myself :(

I'm not very good at HTML and don't have much time to experiment - but would the following work:

I have a bit of 'large image code' that rgg wrote to put into the old editor - which I used to simply copy and paste in, with relevant image ID inserted. I am familiar with using new editor - and converting a new page, say created in a custom object, into a sheet of HTML code to copy and paste into a new page for submission - and then converting back to normal. But would it work to try and identify a particular image embedded in the sheet of HTML code - and then simply substituting Rob's bit of large image code?

Or does anyone have any other suggestion for how to do this? (that a non HTML literate old guy could understand?)

Thanks in anticipation
Mark

reboyles

Re: Full resolution enlarged images in a piece

by reboyles » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 am

Hi Mark,

I've been using the table function for my images. If you insert a table (1 x 1) and then insert an image in it you can easily resize it by dragging the edge of the image or you can edit the table and specify the size in pixels. You can also add a background color that makes your images stand out more. If that doesn't help I'd be willing to look at your code and see what's going on.

Bob

The following user would like to thank reboyles for this post
markhallam

markhallam

by markhallam » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks a lot Bob - that is very helpful. I'm in the middle of writing a couple of new TR's and will certainly get round to trying what you suggest out, when I start putting photos in.
In addition, the elusive rgg has popped down from an alpine summit to say you can also, without any copy & pasting of pre-written HTML, use the HTML button to turn the page into code, with images in place - substitute the word medium for large - and then turn it back again. I think I'll try and probably use both methods.
best wishes, Mark

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:08 pm

markhallam wrote:... substitute the word medium for large ...

To be precise, this particular substitution does not make the image show up any larger itself. Normally, when inserting an image, SP uses its medium size version, which is usually 500 px wide. Even if you subsequently resize it, for which there are several ways, the page still gets that medium image from SP, and a 500 px image resized to something much larger will look fuzzy. To solve this fuzziness, substitute medium for large or, if that doesn't work, for original. The original image is the one that was uploaded in the first place, and its the biggest one available anyway. Mind you, if that's 8MB, that means that people with a slow connection won't be happy when looking at your page. At home I have a fast one, but right now, still in the Alps, I just use whatever computer I happen to come across, and sometimes that's a really slow one.

Cheers, Rob

Return to Page Help