Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Africa. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Africa Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
FloridaRambler

Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd

by FloridaRambler » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi All, I've searched but haven't found a mention... has anyone had experience with Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd?

Thanks in advance!

Tonka

Re: Kilimanjaro Travel Safari Adventures Ltd

by Tonka » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 pm

You'll drive yourself crazy worrying about all these suppliers when it really comes down to just a few big operations truly on the mountain. Pick one and go, just don't pick based upon the cheapest.

no avatar
FloridaRambler

by FloridaRambler » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:07 pm

True... I'm trying to figure out if they're legit. They claim they're the actual company that will be doing the guiding, but require a 30% deposit wired or moneygram'd to them. I'm uncomfortable sending money to an unknown entity in Africa when I know there is no recourse. I guess the additional cost with having agents in the US is really for peace of mind :-)

Tonka

by Tonka » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:44 pm

I wouldn't send money. Why are you even looking at them when you can see all the big suppliers and I'm sure you know what the average costs are. Unless you're a climbing dirtbag when you get back from an ultra budget trip the first thing you'll say is, "I wish I would have spent a few more dollars on......"

Roger

by Roger » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi FloridaRambler
Im based here in Tanzania and hopefully I can assist you.
Which specific route to you want to climb and when do you want to climb? What sort of inclusions do you want and budget?
7 days minimum ensures you are well acclimatised.
Lemosho route is really nice and the Western Breach the most adventurous with the best views and you can also spend a night in the crater region and view the crater in the afternoon once you have settled. You will also be right there with the glaciers. The summit is then just a short walk the next morning.
Cheers
Roger

Return to Africa