REI Flash 30 replacement

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
brichardsson

Re: REI Flash 30 replacement

by brichardsson » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:31 am

i know it's probably smaller than you want, but i love love love the marmot kompressor plus. it's so light at only 12 ounces, that i can just clip a biner (or three) to it to add anything i need. i have beat the hell out of that pack and it's going strong.
Don't try to argue with idiots. You aren't the dumbass whisperer.

JHH60

Re: REI Flash 30 replacement

by JHH60 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:22 pm

brichardsson wrote:i know it's probably smaller than you want, but i love love love the marmot kompressor plus. it's so light at only 12 ounces, that i can just clip a biner (or three) to it to add anything i need. i have beat the hell out of that pack and it's going strong.

I got both Kompressor and Kompressor Pro - bought one myself, and got one as a Christmas gift. Since I'm a gear ho, and we needed an extra day pack for hikes with the kids, I kept both. :)

The Kompressor is closer in form to the REI Flash and holds significantly more gear. It's also more comfortable when loaded up, since the pack has more structure, especially the waistbelt (which is just a strap in the Kompressor Plus). I used the REI pack as a small climbing/summit pack and would sometimes strap crampons and a couple of tools on it; the Kompressor would be a better choice for that. That said the Kompressor Plus is really light and great for day hikes.

Previous

Return to Gear