Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:53 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:If you're on the index.php page and you click on a topic-title can you change it into "go to first new post" instead of go to first post?

This is the behavior that is expected. If you want to go to the first unread post, you need to click the little orange icon right in front of the topic title. The little orange icon is circled in red in the below image:
Go_to_new_posts.jpg
Click on the orange icon to go to first unread post
Go_to_new_posts.jpg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 409 times
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:44 pm

borutb wrote:I get the HTTP 404 error message when I click on the primary image of one of the following Route pages I recently submitted:

OK, this should be fixed now.
borutb wrote:Further, If I open those Image pages (from somewhere else than by clicking the primary image), I get the same error message when I click the link to the Route page (the link to the right, the one above the galleries; not the link at the top of the page).

This should be fixed as well.
borutb wrote:Taking a look at the New Routes display on the What's New board, two routes (one of which is mine, the other one is Bubba Suesss') seem to have an "abnormal" amount of hits (and growing).

http://www.summitpost.org/route/671267/ ... -720m.html
http://www.summitpost.org/route/671173/ ... trail.html

A few years ago there were cases of pages auto-generating hits. Is that maybe the case again?

I'm not aware of any issues with the hit counters on pages.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Image re-submit?

Postby nartreb » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:02 am

Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.
nartreb

Re: Image re-submit?

Postby mrchad9 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 am

nartreb wrote:Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.

Give it up to 48 hrs and it will correct itself everywhere. From my computer it looks like it already has.
mrchad9

Postby EastKing » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Is there some reason why I can't post my trip report this morning? I have the report all set and then it kicks me out into the "Create A Page" page. Nevermind; I got it working now.
EastKing

Postby Montana Matt » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 am

borutb wrote:The RS Cloud is really interesting. It keeps everything.

Images that are deleted from the server are now also deleted from the RS cloud.
borutb wrote:I caught up with some deleted photos (by entering their number in the url).

In the future, any photos deleted from this point on will not be viewable.
borutb wrote:I wonder how big that cloud is.

It's absolutely immense :shock: :D
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Postby Brian Jenkins » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 am

I am currently unable to submit a Route Page, I keep getting a message saying there was an error uploading the file, try again. Tried it about 5 times and same thing.

Edit-it looks like they were created even though I got that message. Deleting duplicate...............
Brian Jenkins

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:09 am

Brian Jenkins wrote:I am currently unable to submit a Route Page, I keep getting a message saying there was an error uploading the file, try again. Tried it about 5 times and same thing.

I verified this problem and I just fixed it. Let me know if you see it happening again. The problem could also exist on trip report pages.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

Re: User pages

Postby Bob Burd » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:02 am

Clicking on a user page (starting from the "People" page) now gives one the page of a photo or mountain since User IDs and object IDs are confused in the new URL formats.

The links currently looking like:
http://www.summitpost.org/username/26969

But should look like:
http://www.summitpost.org/users/username/26969
Bob Burd
Forum Moderator

Postby Montana Matt » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:23 am

Bob Burd wrote:Clicking on a user page (starting from the "People" page) now gives one the page of a photo or mountain since User IDs and object IDs are confused in the new URL formats.

Thanks for finding that so quickly Bob. I just fixed that, but I'm sure there are other similar errors floating around out there.
Montana Matt
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback