Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.

Image re-submit?

Postby nartreb » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:02 am

Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.
nartreb

Re: Image re-submit?

Postby mrchad9 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:07 am

nartreb wrote:Apologies if this was already addressed.

I decided just after submitting this photo:
http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=672022

that I liked another, very similar shot better for the purpose. I used the Edit feature to browse to and submit a new photo without changing the description. (It showed the same climber in the same location, later the same day. Nobody had voted on the photo yet.)

When I click through to the full-size photo, I see that the new one did upload, but the photo's "main page" and all the gallery thumbnails still show the "old" photo. (Yes, I told my browser to force-reload. I also tried in a different browser that uses a different cache directory.)

In case this is just a Rackspace issue that will resolve itself in a few minutes: The old photo is oriented vertically (portrait mode); the new one is horizontal (landscape mode). If you see the climber with his shirt on, you're seeing the new photo.

Give it up to 48 hrs and it will correct itself everywhere. From my computer it looks like it already has.
mrchad9

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Brian Jenkins » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:54 am

I am currently unable to submit a Route Page, I keep getting a message saying there was an error uploading the file, try again. Tried it about 5 times and same thing.

Edit-it looks like they were created even though I got that message. Deleting duplicate...............
Brian Jenkins

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback