Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Day Hiker

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Day Hiker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:51 am

kkline91 wrote:on my droid phone when I go to summitpost.org home page, or any page for that matter, all I see is google ads. I can't click on anything else, or even view anything but the ads.

Montana Matt wrote:
kkline91 wrote:More bad news. Gave me this error now when I tried to choose minimal ads and click update:
update_user_profile() failed: DB Error: no such field

Weird. I just updated my profile without any problems, but if you're seeing that message, something is definitely wrong. I just changed the error message to print out the mysql query. Could you post the error message again when you get it?

Matt, his IP might be one in a giant list of IPs carpet bombed by frustrated moderators.

kkline91

by kkline91 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:11 pm

Good news the update must have went through or something happened with google or my droid cuz this morning im on the way to work on the train and my phone is running the site fine now. Ill check my profile now to see if its set on minimal ads or not. This site is awesome thank god its works again!
Confirmed my profile is indeed set to minimal ads, so id say that error message may have came up but it did indeed change my ad preference setting.

Day Hiker

by Day Hiker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:33 pm

kkline91 wrote:Good news the update must have went through or something happened with google or my droid cuz this morning im on the way to work on the train and my phone is running the site fine now. Ill check my profile now to see if its set on minimal ads or not. This site is awesome thank god its works again!
Confirmed my profile is indeed set to minimal ads, so id say that error message may have came up but it did indeed change my ad preference setting.

Pretty sure your IP address was in a long list of IP addresses blocked for reasons unrelated to you. Apparently now the block has been removed.

JasonH

by JasonH » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:06 pm

butitsadryheat wrote:am I the only one experiencing site slowness over the last few days? page loads are taking a few seconds most of the time

Nope.
I have a demon in me - Stu

dadndave
Forum Moderator

by dadndave » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am

I could be dead wrong on this, but I think it's possible that this is aresult of a minor DDOS attack. I know almost nothing about these things but it would not surprise me at the moment. See Lolli's Error message thread. I've now seen this error message three times myself.

Anyone else?

Matt????
The strawman is evil and must be punished,

dadndave
Forum Moderator

by dadndave » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 am

Got that error twice again today
The strawman is evil and must be punished,

chugach mtn boy

by chugach mtn boy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Here's a strange quirk with the new message notification system. Whenever I'm logged on I get repeated popups on the bottom of my screen that tell rizwan (an SP member) sent me a message 13 days ago, saying "thanks." If I click on the popup, I get sent to an SP page that says:
"This message was not sent to you. Stop trying to read other people's mail!"

So it looks like for the rest of eternity I'm going to get thanked by rizwan every few minutes for something I did in 2010. Is there anyone else on this particular merry-go-round?

Noondueler

by Noondueler » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:49 am

If I surf the site for a while I have to log in every half hour or so.

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 am

Noondueler wrote:If I surf the site for a while I have to log in every half hour or so.

I experience this too Noondueler. Happened to me several times today. Clicking on a page or a photo at times will open the new window and I will be logged out.

Is this related to the recent site slowness? Several have observed the site is running slower and it seems this is happening much more frequently now than it did a year ago. Before I signed up I used the site often as it was a quick source of information, but now it is not so quick and I would think this would affect future membership and traffic. I thought the deleting of year old PMs was to correct the situation but ultimately it hasn't.

Is the cause known?

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:07 am

mrchad9 wrote:
Noondueler wrote:If I surf the site for a while I have to log in every half hour or so.

I experience this too Noondueler. Happened to me several times today. Clicking on a page or a photo at times will open the new window and I will be logged out.

Is this related to the recent site slowness? Several have observed the site is running slower and it seems this is happening much more frequently now than it did a year ago. Before I signed up I used the site often as it was a quick source of information, but now it is not so quick and I would think this would affect future membership and traffic. I thought the deleting of year old PMs was to correct the situation but ultimately it hasn't.

Is the cause known?

It might be pure coincidence, but these slowdowns seem to have begun around the time the chat and other applications were added.

Sometimes SP is as fast as it's ever been, and sometimes it's so slow that I just give up.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 am

Minor error when hitting the back button on a page:
error.JPG
error.JPG (101.26 KiB) Viewed 1406 times

WouterB

by WouterB » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm

This problem came up again today, preventing me from posting:

While trying to post another error appeared:

In general I've been having quite a bit of problems on the site lately.

Josh Lewis

by Josh Lewis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm having issues with the SP Bulk Uploader. I'm getting the same error as seen in this image:

I even changed my password to something extremely simple, slowly typed my password and double checked everything to make sure the information provided was accurate. Anyone else having this problem?

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback