Welcome to SP!  -
Areas & RangesMountains & RocksRoutesImagesArticlesTrip ReportsGearOtherPeoplePlans & PartnersWhat's NewForum

Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
 

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby hansw » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

I am trying to figure out this new Re:- thing.

Try to you click the “Re: Report Bugs Here” at the top of my post.

To what use?
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman
User Avatar
hansw

 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Thanked: 16 times in 14 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Lolli » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Looking at my profile, it says I'm online, whether I am logged in or not.
I cleared cookies.
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Charles » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:03 am

Lolli wrote:Looking at my profile, it says I'm online, whether I am logged in or not.
I cleared cookies.

Big Brother is watching you!
User Avatar
Charles

 
Posts: 14936
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:20 am
Location: Germany
Thanked: 766 times in 568 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby hansw » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

This doesn’t seem to work anymore:

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewonline.php

It shows only one user (yourself) while the Forum say 55 users (at this moment).
"I wonder why. I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder. I wonder why I wonder why. I wonder why I wonder!"
- Richard Feynman
User Avatar
hansw

 
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:52 pm
Location: Göteborg, Sweden
Thanked: 16 times in 14 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby mrchad9 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:48 pm

hansw wrote:This doesn’t seem to work anymore:

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewonline.php

It shows only one user (yourself) while the Forum say 55 users (at this moment).

Try this link Hans.
http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB3/viewonline.php

But it won't show Lolli!
User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4165
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
Thanked: 1198 times in 811 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:26 pm

hansw wrote:This doesn’t seem to work anymore:

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewonline.php

It shows only one user (yourself) while the Forum say 55 users (at this moment).

Thanks for pointing this out and reminding me to finish up my work on rewriting all of the old phpBB2 URLs. I just fixed this and all phpBB2 URLs to be directed to the new phpBB3 forum.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Lolli » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:47 pm

charles wrote:
Lolli wrote:Looking at my profile, it says I'm online, whether I am logged in or not.
I cleared cookies.

Big Brother is watching you!

And everybody else is instantly tracked, to the point of showing which page the look at a given moment.
:wink:
Age is a matter of mind and if you don´t mind it does not matter!
User Avatar
Lolli

 
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Sweden
Thanked: 108 times in 67 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby SpiderSavage » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:19 am

Went hiking today. Got 3 ticks.
User Avatar
SpiderSavage

 
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: Sunland, California
Thanked: 7 times in 4 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Arthur Digbee » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:39 pm

SpiderSavage wrote:Went hiking today. Got 3 ticks.

I escaped the ticks. Got chiggers instead.
OCCUPY SUMMITPOST !
User Avatar
Arthur Digbee

 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Indianapolisish, United States
Thanked: 255 times in 173 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby nartreb » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 pm

hansw wrote:I am trying to figure out this new Re:- thing.

Try to you click the “Re: Report Bugs Here” at the top of my post.

To what use?


Provides a visible, copy-able URL of your post. Useful for things like whining in an instant message to the Elves.
User Avatar
nartreb

 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: online or in boston, Massachusetts, United States
Thanked: 106 times in 87 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby lcarreau » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:07 pm

Arthur Digbee wrote:
SpiderSavage wrote:Went hiking today. Got 3 ticks.

I escaped the ticks. Got chiggers instead.


What da ...

I thought the name of the thread was: "Report Bugs Here!"

Image
User Avatar
lcarreau

 
Posts: 4046
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Court of the Crimson King, Arizona, United States
Thanked: 843 times in 637 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby chugach mtn boy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:02 pm

Aw, Ic, you need to wipe that poor feller's nose before you take his picture!

Here's a tiny bug that's been mentioned in passing before, but kind of obliquely. You've got to go into your user control panel and change your forum time zone to Casablanca. If you don't, it has no effect on your forum posts, but it DOES affect how the new SP handles you new submissions. For example, if your forum settings are on Hawaii time and you post a photo at 7 pm October 6 Hawaiian time (which is 5 am Oct 7 GMT), SP will record the posting date as 7 pm October 6 GMT. This means your submission will already be 10 hours "old" when posted and will never appear near the top of the what's new material.

The old SP didn't work this way and new submissions were posted as of the time they were received, regardless of the time zone settings of the poster. That made more sense.
User Avatar
chugach mtn boy

 
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:54 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Thanked: 181 times in 109 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:03 pm

chugach mtn boy wrote:ou've got to go into your user control panel and change your forum time zone to Casablanca. If you don't, it has no effect on your forum posts, but it DOES affect how the new SP handles you new submissions. For example, if your forum settings are on Hawaii time and you post a photo at 7 pm October 6 Hawaiian time (which is 5 am Oct 7 GMT), SP will record the posting date as 7 pm October 6 GMT. This means your submission will already be 10 hours "old" when posted and will never appear near the top of the what's new material.

The old SP didn't work this way and new submissions were posted as of the time they were received, regardless of the time zone settings of the poster. That made more sense.

I'm about 99% sure that this isn't true. There were no changes made to the time system on the main site. The time you see on the forum is completely independent of the time stamp that submissions receive when they are submitted (it comes from the mySQL database). Therefore, all new material WILL show up at the top of the "What's New" page, which is pulling from the database and has nothing to do with the time on the forums.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby chugach mtn boy » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Montana Matt wrote:I'm about 99% sure that this isn't true. There were no changes made to the time system on the main site. The time you see on the forum is completely independent of the time stamp that submissions receive when they are submitted (it comes from the mySQL database). Therefore, all new material WILL show up at the top of the "What's New" page, which is pulling from the database and has nothing to do with the time on the forums.

I promise you, it is true. I was trying to access one of my new image pages to edit by just going in through What's New. It didn't seem to be there. But when I culled back through to about page 5, there it was--been posted only 20 minutes, but recorded as though it had been posted 9 or 10 hours prior. So I experimented, deleting the page and reposting with various time settings on my own machine changed. No difference. But then I changed the setting in the "user control panel" and voila, when I reposted the image it displayed correctly in What's New. It does seem odd and counterintuitive.
User Avatar
chugach mtn boy

 
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:54 pm
Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Thanked: 181 times in 109 posts

Re: Report Bugs Here

Postby Montana Matt » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:21 pm

chugach mtn boy wrote:I promise you, it is true. I was trying to access one of my new image pages to edit by just going in through What's New. It didn't seem to be there. But when I culled back through to about page 5, there it was--been posted only 20 minutes, but recorded as though it had been posted 9 or 10 hours prior. So I experimented, deleting the page and reposting with various time settings on my own machine changed. No difference. But then I changed the setting in the "user control panel" and voila, when I reposted the image it displayed correctly in What's New. It does seem odd and counterintuitive.

OK, I'll look into that. Though you could easily be 5 pages deep in images after 20 minutes. Knowing how the code works, I'm still skeptical.

In any case, what time zone did were you set to when it didn't display and then what time zone were you set to when it did show up?

Doesn't seem right though. The time settings on the forum are completely separate from anything that happens on the main site including page submission time. Not sure I want to waste my time on a wild goose chase.

Anyone else noticing this? If someone else confirms, then I'll take a looks.
User Avatar
Montana Matt
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 pm
Location: Ashland, Oregon, United States
Thanked: 340 times in 184 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

© 2006-2013 SummitPost.org. All Rights Reserved.