Rock Creek

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Deb

by Deb » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm

For 2 days of BC skiing, Blair and I did not see one person (or recent bootpack) past Ruby Lake. ? I thought some dudes were going to go climb Mills...... We had the place to ourselves and it was a dream cuttin' turns on those slopes for about a mile! Lovin' it!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Deb wrote:For 2 days of BC skiing, Blair and I did not see one person (or recent bootpack) past Ruby Lake. ? I thought some dudes were going to go climb Mills...... We had the place to ourselves and it was a dream cuttin' turns on those slopes for about a mile! Lovin' it!

And you all never came by to say hey???? WTF?

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Deb wrote:For 2 days of BC skiing, Blair and I did not see one person (or recent bootpack) past Ruby Lake. ? I thought some dudes were going to go climb Mills...... We had the place to ourselves and it was a dream cuttin' turns on those slopes for about a mile! Lovin' it!

We drifted off to sleep Thursday night under starry skies, and woke to snow in our faces. With the dreary weather Friday and Saturday we bailed on the climb and went to Yosemite. Looked like the summits were in the clouds much of the time. Back another weekend.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Sat afternoon was pretty good and Sunday was really nice. We got lazy and just camped and hung out though. Work ate my motivation for anything too strenuous. It was still nice to get out and enjoy some solitude and beautiful mountain weather (and a piece of pie of course :) )

EManBevHills

by EManBevHills » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Deb and Blair, you two have really been extending the ski season!
Glad you were able to enjoy some solitude and late season turns.

8)

Deb

by Deb » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:41 pm

The Chief wrote:

Damn Chief! I'm a turd, I'm sorry. We were just swinging by the seats of our soft shell pants, no particular plan - things just happened. Maybe next week. :D

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Deb wrote:
The Chief wrote:

Damn Chief! I'm a turd, I'm sorry. We were just swinging by the seats of our soft shell pants, no particular plan - things just happened. Maybe next week. :D

You better God Damn It!

Hell, old G-Hopper even came into the shop yesterday and said hey!

Michele is gonna be pissed when I tell her you didn't stop in...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOh my!

Blair

by Blair » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Sorry Chief, we are a bunch of turds! next time for sure!

Eman, the season just cannot end, I am having WAY too much fun. I am just now STARTING to tell myself the season is winding down :? But I will chase it all year regardless 8)

The snow was really good sunday. Hero snow, with a soft wet top layer to smear and get all up into, good stuff to ski. Sat was a bit firm but still edgeable...

Need to get some pie next time...

kovarpa

by kovarpa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 pm

plenty of skiable snow left beyond Long Lake. Skied Hourglass on Sat and BCS on Sun. Melting quick though.
On the way back, Tenaya Lake was completely frozen on Memorial day and now, two weeks later, is all ice free.

Blair

by Blair » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:37 pm

kovarpa, we saw your tracks on hourglass and some other ones over near the base bowl of pipsqueak spire. nice turns 8)

We were wondering who made them...Snow looked really good over there

Climber Dave

by Climber Dave » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 am

Luciano136 wrote:Sat afternoon was pretty good and Sunday was really nice. We got lazy and just camped and hung out though. Work ate my motivation for anything too strenuous. It was still nice to get out and enjoy some solitude and beautiful mountain weather (and a piece of pie of course :) )

Mmmm Pie in the sky is open now??

Sounds like we missed them opening by about a week. :cry:

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 am

When Ya'll go in there to have some pie, say hey to "Milki", the actual Pie maker, for me.

Tell him I sent ya'll.

Luciano136

by Luciano136 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:41 am

The pie place was open indeed! We ordered from a guy with a beard but I don't remember his name :)

Deb

by Deb » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:32 am

The Chief wrote:When Ya'll go in there to have some pie, say hey to "Milki", the actual Pie maker, for me.

Tell him I sent ya'll.

Screw the pie! We had beer!!

Previous

Return to California