San Diego

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Deb

by Deb » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:49 am

bc44caesar wrote:Hey, so I made the move to San Diego. Did a lot of traveling around California over the last couple of months, and am now looking forward to checking out the spots in the local area. I've checked Santee out already - happy to have some decent bouldering only 15min away! Any SPers interested in meeting up for climbing or a beer?

I'm just a bit north in Temecula and would like to get some climbing done anytime. Send me a PM, I'll show you around Tahquitz. :D

hol571

by hol571 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:33 pm

link for some topos for mission gorge & santee boulders:

http://members.cox.net/sandiegorock/index.html

ChugachMan

Re: San Diego

by ChugachMan » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 pm

PM sent.

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 pm

bc44caesar wrote:... Are there local guidebooks that are better than the Falcon guides that I see for sale?

Good one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

R. Vogel's newest JT book " JT west" is really good IMHO.... He does a really good job on the intricate approaches one finds at JT.... it's a huge maze of rocks and canyons.

Falcon pulled the plug on the "east" and "middle" sections of the park, so Randy is going to get into the publishing bizz. Get the west book and save your $$$$$$$$ for the others when they come out.

And caesar.... don't forget climbing in Mexico....... you have some "Big Walls"- grade VI's less than 100 miles from SD..... "Gran Trono Blanco"

Just avoid the "sunburn" you will get first time at the beach.

scottydo

by scottydo » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:55 am

welcome to San Dog! glad you made it. :D

Previous

Return to California