Seeking: Ice Axe-80cm

A forum for members looking to buy and sell gear from and to each other.
BobbyF

Seeking: Ice Axe-80cm

by BobbyF » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:12 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for an 80 cm ice axe, preferably with adze but I'm open to some of the other more interesting combinations.

Thanks!

BMcC

Re: Seeking: Ice Axe-80cm

by BMcC » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Hi Bobby - if you are still looking I have 2 ice axes I no longer use.

One is a Black Diamond Raven with grip and a slider leash (ring that slides up or down the shaft with a wrist loop). 75 cm in length. Like this on the BD page, but with the ring/leash I described: http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/climbing%2Fice-axes-piolets/raven-ice-axe-with-grip-BD410157_cfg.html?dwvar_BD410157__cfg_color=Gray#start=4

I also have a snow hiking ax made by Cassin that is superlight - 85 cm.

Send me an email if you are interested and I can send you a couple of pics of them.

Cheers, Bill

williammcconachie@sbcglobal DOT net

no avatar
vmaks

Re: Seeking: Ice Axe-80cm

by vmaks » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:10 pm

I am selling my Petzl Quark U19 Ice Tools, $350/set. They are in excellent condition. See attached, pics upon request.
Two lightly used Petzl Quark U19 Axes with hammers for sale. These tools are designed for technical mountaineering and ice climbing. The tools have never been used on any mixed routes, never dropped and have been used strictly on vertical ice. They have a few cosmetic scratches from normal use, however, the integrity of the tools are solid. The picks are in great shape. Please review the photos for a close look at what I am selling. These tools have been pampered, in addition, they have been lightly used as my personal ice season is limited.
Misc:
• Shaft Type: Curved T, ergonomically designed for clearance under the head and to increase efficiency of the swing for a solid placement
• Petzl: France
• Pick Type: T, tapered at the tip (3mm) for easy penetration into the ice(interchangeable picks if you desire)
• Trigrest/Griprest: Adjustable/Removeable, pending on personal use
• Wt: 550 (w/o pick wts)
• Hammer Head: Interchangable with Adze if desired; or no head at all to save weight
• Leashes: Not included but can be easily adapted to fit leashes
• Shaft Spike: Easily accepts a tether
Price: $350/set (New Quarks are selling $259/tool)
Payment: PayPal
Shipping: US Postal-Large Flat Rate Box with insurance and signature (buyer pays shipping)

Return to Classifieds