Special forces rescued off Longs Peak

Mountaineering, rock climbing, and hiking news.
Marmaduke

Re: Special forces rescued off Longs Peak

by Marmaduke » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:08 am

Puma concolor wrote:Private message from Marmaduke. :lol:

You act like your a 14 year old girl. I didn't post this as I chose to stay away from Off Route, my 19 year old daughter happen to read the threads you and others responded to and my daughter asked how old you were. This is a true story, I said I think he's in his 40's. My daughter said wow, he actes like a 14 year old girl. Go fuck yourself. Truce?? your a douche

shows your level of integrity.....

dadndave
Forum Moderator

Re: Special forces rescued off Longs Peak

by dadndave » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:02 am

Bob Sihler wrote:
WyomingSummits wrote:This is why I laugh when noobs ask how good of shape they need to be in to avoid AMS. Lol.....if special ops isn't in good enough shape, then you won't be either! It can hit anyone, anytime, anywhere.

This.

I once flew from sea level to Denver and then drove up a 14er that same day. Mild altitude issues most likely due to the rapid climb on the drive.

Another time, in the Sierra Nevada, and after a few days at altitude already, I got slammed by the altitude around 9000'. I made it up and over the pass and on with the backpacking trip, but not after a long rest that involved dozing, snacking, and drinking a lot of water.

Yup. Some years ago I caught the train from Grindelwald, Switzerland up to Kleine Schedegg and on up to the Jungfraujoch (the railway which tunnels through the Eiger). Stepped out of the train at Jungfraujoch and walked quickly along the platform. Made my head spin. That's what happens when you sit on your arse, rapidly gaining altitude.
The strawman is evil and must be punished,

Previous

Return to News