Cheap prescription glacier goggles

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
no avatar
sstbrg

Cheap prescription glacier goggles

by sstbrg » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:21 pm

Hi,
I have bad vision (-3 / -2.75) and in my home country I was offered a price tag of about 1,050$US for a single pair of Julbo goggles (I laughed, the shop owner was serious though :\ ).
In any case, I wonder where I can order a pair for a saner price online, assuming I already have a spectrum of frames that fit me.
Any recommendations ?

no avatar
splattski

Re: Cheap prescription glacier goggles

by splattski » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:30 pm

I don't know about cheap, but I really like the quality of the glasses I got from Opticus

http://opticus.com

no avatar
sstbrg

by sstbrg » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 pm

splattski wrote:I don't know about cheap, but I really like the quality of the glasses I got from Opticus

http://opticus.com

Talked to them a while back. They don't ship to my home country. :(

nartreb

by nartreb » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:54 pm

Why not pop out the lenses from some non-prescription goggles and tape them over your prescription glasses? You can make your own side panels and nose guard, e.g. from plastic milk jugs.

no avatar
sstbrg

by sstbrg » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

nartreb wrote:Why not pop out the lenses from some non-prescription goggles and tape them over your prescription glasses? You can make your own side panels and nose guard, e.g. from plastic milk jugs.

Haha after writing my original post I was all over google with "diy glacier goggles" and found some real gems :lol:
It is a nice idea which I guess will be my temporary solution but I do want to know whether some company manufactures good lenses for cheap.

Return to Gear