What is happening with SPers?

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Mark Doiron

Re: What is happening with SPers?

by Mark Doiron » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:11 pm

I've had three times where I bumped into people who used information that I had put onto SP. The first time it was while hiking in the area. I met a couple guys out there and one of them commented that there was some "great information about the area" on a website called SummitPost. I laughed and told him I was intimately familiar with it--since it was a page I did a great deal of work on (don't own it, however). The other two times it was separate incidents in which folks later commented to me that they had been planning a trip and they came across my name on SP pages. They appreciated the information that was provided--it made planning their own trips a lot easier. I like votes, but those three incidents are worth a lot more to me.

--mark d.

The following user would like to thank Mark Doiron for this post
Arthur Digbee, Chris, Josh Lewis, phlipdascrip

Chris

by Chris » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:13 pm

I've never posted anything for votes. If I could disable all voting on everything I ever submitted, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I post information to help others needing information. Or to put a smile on someone's face when they see a photo they like. That's all.

The following user would like to thank Chris for this post
CSUMarmot

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 pm

I do it for the women. Nothing impresses a woman more than a man who has lots of SP pages, and maybe drives an AMC Gremlin to boot.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:55 am

MoapaPk wrote:I do it for the women. Nothing impresses a woman more than a man who has lots of SP pages, and maybe drives an AMC Gremlin to boot.

Hey, that's personal ! I used to drive an AMC Gremlin ... fer cryin' out loud ...

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

PAROFES

by PAROFES » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:55 pm

Chris wrote:I've never posted anything for votes. If I could disable all voting on everything I ever submitted, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I post information to help others needing information. Or to put a smile on someone's face when they see a photo they like. That's all.

Chris, i never said i was looking for votes, i just said votes are good to receive and FOR ME it means something.

PAROFES

by PAROFES » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Well I'll leave here a little something to read.

Sometimes you can get disappointed with people, sometimes that very same person is someone you never expected such betrail.

Here's one trip report a little bit different: http://www.summitpost.org/for-some-people-friendship-is-not-enough/723404

Vote only if you want to! But please if you start reading, read the whole thing. Comments are very welcome. This TR is about partnership, and about understanding. Sometimes your partner for climbing has to understand and respect your opinion, your health condition. but, sometimes he doesn't.

Cheers
Parofes

CSUMarmot

by CSUMarmot » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I wouldnt let votes dictate the amount and quality of the content you submit. Not that you do that Parofes, but everyone should know that.
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris

Chris

by Chris » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:38 pm

PAROFES wrote:
Chris wrote:I've never posted anything for votes. If I could disable all voting on everything I ever submitted, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Chris, i never said i was looking for votes, i just said votes are good to receive and FOR ME it means something.

Never said you were.... just putting out the reasons I post stuff.

Previous

Return to Site Feedback