Wild Things Andinista Backpack

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
adventurer

Wild Things Andinista Backpack

by adventurer » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:38 pm

I'd be interested in reading comments/opinions from anyone who has purchased one of the new Andinista packs. Thanks very much.
"When you travel, if you avoid the people, reject the food, ignore the customs, and fear the religion..... you might as well stay home"
James A. Michener

no avatar
captcsmith

Re: Wild Things Andinista Backpack

by captcsmith » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 pm

I bought my first Andinista in 2002 and took it on a couple of expeditions and long trips. Despite all its great features it always seemed to be a bit short on volume. I bought a new model a couple of months ago. I chose the option with the external hydration bladder (or whatever else you choose to put in it) pocket which seemed to solve the volume issue at the sacrifice of the tool tubes. There are still tool attachments but not your typical style. They are a little counter-intuitive but seem to work fine. A couple of other improvements are the contour cut floating lid, which prevents helmet interference, and a removable hip belt. The workmanship is the same or better than the earlier model. Anyway, I am pleased and recommend it provided you realize that comfort is not the primary focus of this pack.

alpinedan

Re: Wild Things Andinista Backpack

by alpinedan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 am

I have the older spectra one. Did not know they are making them again and will have to check it out.

Return to Gear