Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Sep 20, 2007 12:34 am - Voted 10/10

Good Job

Glad you added this Tom.

bechtt

bechtt - Sep 20, 2007 1:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Job

Thanks. Still working to make my pages look as nice as yours.

Andino

Andino - Sep 20, 2007 2:34 am - Voted 10/10

Nothing...

to attach it to ?
to "Palissades" ?

bechtt

bechtt - Sep 20, 2007 8:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nothing...

Thanks -- forgot to do tht last night

cp0915

cp0915 - Sep 20, 2007 10:03 am - Voted 10/10

Palisades

In addition to Fred's recommendation of adding state, country and continent, you should also switch it so that 'Palisades' appears as a parent, instead of as a 'child'.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Sep 20, 2007 1:01 pm - Voted 9/10

Great page but

I have no idea where it is, is this somewhere in CA? And how would I get to the trailhead? Can you give directions from a major city or highway. Let me know when added and I'll upgrade my vote, thanks.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Sep 20, 2007 7:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Palisades?

It's part of the Inconsolable Range, not the Palisades. Probably better to attach it to the John Muir Wilderness page.

Considering this statement:

"Picture Puzzle is part of the Inconsolable Range, a subsidiary grouping of peaks of the Palisades located immediately north of Mt. Agassiz (considered the northernmost peak of the Palisades crest)."

I would agree that Agassiz is the northernmost part of the Palisades. This would put the Inconsolable Range, which is further north, as a separate feature.

my 2 cents, anyway

bechtt

bechtt - Sep 21, 2007 8:44 am - Hasn't voted

Palisades & directions

On the Palisades: I don't know why USGS survey early in the last century named this small group of peaks "Inconsolables" but there may be a difference in rock structure. More research required.

Brian, on directions. Rather than repeat how to get to the trailheads, I just linked two very good pages that already do that.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Picture Puzzle' main page