Pisang Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Scott

Scott - Oct 25, 2007 12:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Needs more

Nice start, but needs more. For example, try adding more detail to the Getting There section below:

Pay lots of money and fly to Kathmandu. Once there you need to get to the town of Pisang (the normal trailhead). Your options are to either hike part of the Annapurna Circiut or Fly to Hongde.

If you elect to take the circuit you can arrange either a car or bus to Beshiswar and begin the 4-5 day hike to pisang along the standard (counter clockwise) route.

Flights to Hongde can be arranged in Kathmandu.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Oct 26, 2007 12:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Good start

This is a great peak - wondered when someone would add it. I take it you're not done yet. Here's something that's worked for me - I look at the layout and do pretty much the whole mountain (and route) page on Word. Then when all edits are made, create the page. That way you don't have downtime while it's up and you're still working on it. Do you have any more pictures, by the way?

LS

LS - Nov 15, 2007 8:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good start

I (not the author) added 2 photos, will add more later. Just climbed it 2 weeks ago, so give me a little more time :-)

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Nov 15, 2007 2:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good start

Nice job on the climb. Sure, just let me know when you're done... looking forward to checking it out.

BigLee

BigLee - Oct 27, 2007 11:28 am - Voted 8/10

More info

As Scott siad, the sections need expanding with more info. If I had never been to Nepal before the Getting there section wouldn't be sufficient. The intro is also a bit leafy at the moment. Check the coordinates on the Google Earth map. At the moment the mountain is shown as being somewhere in the foothills of Western Nepal.

dmiki

dmiki - Mar 23, 2008 3:03 pm - Voted 8/10

Some more

pictures and details would be welcome.

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Apr 18, 2010 6:06 am - Voted 8/10

abandonned

this page is abandonned and needs a new owner who at least fixes the wrong coordinates

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Pisang Peak' main page