Viewing: 1-7 of 7

ojo - Jan 24, 2011 6:14 am - Voted 10/10

enjoyed..

..this page very much. jane :)

rgg

rgg - Jan 24, 2011 7:10 am - Hasn't voted

Re: enjoyed..

Thanks. It was fun writing it too. We had a great day out there and it all came back :-)

visentin

visentin - Jan 25, 2011 1:12 am - Voted 10/10

A special route

that gives mixed feelings towards the SP community, from the moment he left...
Anyway your page is really great. The Wandermaps are a brilliant idea, more people should do that. Have you uploaded the complete GPX route to it ? That's a new feature of the routes pages.

rgg

rgg - Jan 25, 2011 8:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A special route

While writing this, I had come across his pages, and saw some fantastic pictures of the Bernina area, not the least of which from Piz Palü, but no traverse route page. Wouldn't know of course if some of his pages have been deleted somehow, but there are still a lot out there, fortunately.

As for GPX routes, if I had one, I would upload it, but I don't. I'm old school, using compass and map.

I agree that it would be useful to have more interactive maps. Doesn't necessarily have to be Wandermap, there are others too. I choose wandermap because I found it real easy to use. Now I just hope that their server stays around forever, otherwise I'll have to rework it to some other site. That's one of the reasons I also posted a non-interactive map, to have something to work with if Wandermap doesn´t work anymore. The best solution of course would be if SP itself would offer that sort of functionality at some point in the future. Who knows?

visentin

visentin - Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am - Voted 10/10

Re: A special route

The link on "his" shows something random (arch in US ?), wrong URL ? Otherwise Cyrill's page are great, true.
For the GPX, if you go to the map as it is hosted on Wandermap (http://www.wandermap.net/route/799435), click on "export" and GPX, the URL is this : http://www.wandermap.net/route/799435/export.gpx
Then you can upload it again here on SP, it will appear on top ! :)

rgg

rgg - Jan 25, 2011 11:58 am - Hasn't voted

Re: A special route

All done: fixed the URL and created and uploaded the GPX file. Thanks for the tip.
I noticed something strange when I checked the uploaded GPX file in Google maps: the elevation profile was flat! I think I trust the Wandermap profile better :-).

visentin

visentin - Jan 25, 2011 12:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: A special route

Cool :)
Yes, Wandermap still has a lenght of advance, but the goal is to fill the gap by "pushing" SP :)

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Piz Palü Traverse' main page