Pizzo Diei Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
rgg

rgg - Jun 27, 2013 12:49 pm Date Climbed: Jun 23, 2013

Lots of snow, but soft - on the way up, that is...  Sucess!

From Rifugio P. Crosta I went up and climbed Cistella and Diei, then spent the night at the Bivacco Leoni.

There was snow as low as 2000m in the valley, but the route avoided it by staying a bit left of center, where the valley caught more sunshine. However, at 2300m I couldn't avoid it anymore.

Higher up, the section just below the Cistella high plain was a bit steep, but since the snow was soft enough, it wasn't difficult, just tiresome. Apparently there is a trail, but that was lost under the snow, so I just went straight up.

At night, the temperature inside went down to 2 degrees Celsius, outside it was freezing. As a result, I needed crampons to get back to Crosta. I wished I had brought my axe too, because with the hard surface, the slope was a lot more serious, but I only had hiking poles. Needless to say, I was very careful.

luca

luca - Jul 5, 2008 12:39 pm Date Climbed: Jul 5, 2008

route climbed: alpe Ciamporino  Sucess!

a lot a snow, but it doesn't matter; the way was not so easy really bad rocks, but from Ciamporino was really short 2:20 h; (4:15 from Milan!!!)

Diveria

Diveria - Mar 5, 2008 8:45 am

The second time  Sucess!

With my friends, Ciccio, Max and Roby.
One of those perfect days that you remember with pleasure for long.
It was my second time on Pizzo Diei, the first one I passed also by Monte Cistella summit.

mulidivarese

mulidivarese - Aug 5, 2005 2:56 pm

Route Climbed: Normal from San Domenico Date Climbed: 10 july 2004  Sucess!

Nice long walking if you don't take cable car (we did not!, closed!).



Fine walking previously on grass, later on snow and stones.



Marvellous view on Alpe Veglia, Monte Leone and val Formazza.



gogo

gogo - Jun 3, 2005 7:09 am

Route Climbed: From S. Domenico - Alpe Ciamporino Date Climbed: August, 2004  Sucess!

With Valerio (mulidivarese) we reached the summit directly from S. Domenico - Alpe Ciamporino without the aid of any telpherage. Although nimbus clouds where covering the major summits all around, the sight from the top was wanderful! The height difference from S. Domenico to the top (and the natural background) makes this route worthly of consideration also for training... G.

marco979

marco979 - Mar 14, 2002 12:56 am

Route Climbed: From Alpe Solcio Date Climbed: October, 2001  Sucess!

With my friends Fabio, Sergio, Federica e Barbarella we have gone until BIvacco Leoni to sleep (that cold!) and then alone, early in the morning, I have reached the peak (look the two photos taken in that moment). THAT EMOTION! In the same day I have reached with my friend Fabio Pizzo Diei (look the photo of the mountain by Fabio Mutti) and then all together we have gone down to alpe Solcio to come back to our houses.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Pizzo Diei' main page