Pointe Valletta from Cerisey

Pointe Valletta from Cerisey

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.80330°N / 7.13730°E
Additional Information Route Type: ski mountanering
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Medium skiers
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Pointe Valletta from the summit of Mont Flassin; you can see the ridge along which is possible to climb, and the steep slopes, dangerous in case of a lot of snow


From Aosta town: take the high way to Gran San Bernardo pass, approx. 500 meters after Etroubles turn left following the sign Comba Citrin, and follow the road till the end, in front of the village of Cerisey, m. 1360; Park there.

Route Description

Put on ski and follow the small river Artereva till to cross another very small river who comes down from the comba Citrin; turn South, and start climbing along the trails of the summer path, in the bush; this part has to be done with the ski on your shoulders, unless there is more than a meter of snow....The path is sometime steep; after the Montagna Citrin di mezzo ( an old farm), on very easy and wide slopes, keeping the right side of the big vallon, move to the Col Citrin, the one with a very big support for an electricity line.
When you start to see the pass, there are two possibilities: to reach the Col Citrin only, m. 2484, or to move to the Pointe Valletta.
In this case, turn right passing close to the small lake, m. 2445, and, after an accurate study about the snow conditions, choose a point of the ridge where to leave the ski, and reach the top by foot.

Essential Gear

Normal ski mountanering equipment

Books and Maps

- DAL MONVISO AL SEMPIONE - R.Aruga e C. Poma -CDA
route 75
- SCI ALPINISMO IN VAL D'AOSTA - P. Giglio E. Noussan - Zanichelli
route 60

Miscellaneous Info

The pointe Valletta can be also climbed from Cerisey in summer season, and is a quite long route.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.