Portalet-normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.80186°N / 0.44928°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Normal route.
Time: 1h 30m to summit (2h or 2h 15m in winter).


Getting There

After Portalet you follow 1km to parking of cabane d'Araille.

Route Description

Normal route to Anéou and Peña Blanca

You begin in the same trailhead of route to Refuge de Pombie and Pic du Midi d’Ossau and the first thing is don’t follow all the people to right side across the river.

You must turn to left side in direction to a track that goes to Centre Pastoral (a few of small rural houses in circle). In the houses you follow in West direction the track to the fields entering in the cirque in the valley in front of you walking across some hills. The path goes in the center of the large valley reaching an area below the big aiguille named Pène de la Glère. You leave the tarck crossin the river to left side. The shortest route leave the path in this place entering to the upper valley of left side of Pène de la Glère. This valley has some hard ramps always at right side of the ridge of Pène de Mahourat. You have not path in this ramps but you can see the two possibilities to reach the summit. The easiest is in right side of the peak entering to the saddle with Peña Blanca, walking to left side to the summit. Another possibility is reaching the saddle of left side with Pène de Mahouraut walking to right side to the nice summit.

Essential Gear

In winter you can use skies or snowshoes to the last ramps. In the last meters you need crampons and ice-axe in the cold days.

In summer you need water, boots, walking-poles... and nothing more.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

AnéouRoutes