Viewing: 1-8 of 8
WildOne

WildOne - Jan 26, 2009 2:26 pm - Voted 10/10

Well

written TR. Glad you finally knocked it out!
I took a shot at Provo Peak once back in 05 and the false summits are HORRIBLE! Also glad to hear the SERAC Mt. Club is still going strong. Nice Pics, btw!

WildOne

WildOne - Feb 3, 2009 1:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Well

Nothing wrong with the report, but comparably it isn't the absolute best I've ever read on the site. I don't see anything wrong with giving a 7 out of 10 on a good TR. If a 7 is a bad score, then why have a scale from 1-10? Just make it 1-3 or 1-5. PM me if you wanna chat a little more bout it. I'd hate to further take away from the value of the TR by posting more here ;)

Nyle Walton

Nyle Walton - Jan 29, 2009 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

BYU Days 1954.

I fondly remember Rock Canyon as the place where couples went to make out.

imontop

imontop - Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Loved it!

Great, great TR! Nice job!

Moogie737

Moogie737 - Jan 29, 2009 7:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Loved it!

Thanks very much for the kind remarks. It took a lot of time not only to knock that peak off but to cobble together the trip report. I wrote it hoping that it would provide some entertainment but, more importantly, so that others attempting to climb Provo Peak would have a more comprehensive idea of what it entailed if they were going to use the Rock Canyon TH access, etc.

imontop

imontop - Jan 31, 2009 12:05 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Loved it!

Well, it was both entertaining and informative. I agree with Dean. it is definately a 10!

WildOne

WildOne - Feb 3, 2009 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

wow

looks like I really ruffled some feathers here. Certainly that was not my intention, nor was it my intention to offend you, Moogie. It seems that I'm under a different impression that the rest of you as to what you gauge your votes upon. Mine was based on a comparison to other TR's I've read here. It wasn't the absolute best I've ever read, so I didn't give it the absolute best score. If there is a certain set of criteria each TR should measured up against, I haven't seen it. Sorry! FWIW, I changed my vote so as not to further distract. (I gave this TR the same vote I gave several of the other top reports--oops, I guess). I apologize for causing such a commotion and detracting from the intent of the report. I still think it is well written and is certainly entertaining.

Heaton

Heaton - Feb 20, 2009 10:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Just missed you!

My wife and I climbed the west ridge to the summit on New Years Eve--between your first two attempts. It was a perfect day for a winter climb. We hiked up Rock Canyon like you did and wore snowshoes about half way up the peak. We had the benefit of some snowmobile tracks on the road, but they must have been covered by the next storm. It's been a snowy winter!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Provo Peak via Rock Canyon - The Third Time's the Charm' main page