Psiloritis Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Feb 3, 2005 9:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good effort and nice page!

-Britt

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Feb 3, 2005 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Welcome to SP! Your first page on your second day! Wow! It tokk me months to muster the courage. Thanks for sharing

Corax

Corax - Feb 7, 2005 10:35 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good one!

Rick B

Rick B - Jun 5, 2007 8:57 am - Voted 6/10

Getting there

Maybe you can expand the getting there section a bit more? I'm (probably) going to Heraklion this summer for instance, but this page doesn't give a clue how to get to the mountain from there? Are there buses / trains going in the direction of the mountain? Which village is closest to the 'ski resort' ? etc..

Oh and would it be possible to hike up there by night, to enjoy a sunrise on the mountain and beat the crowds?

Cheers,

Rick

Rick B

Rick B - Nov 20, 2007 5:06 am - Voted 6/10

Added a map

I've added a map with information to find the E4 trail that starts from Fourfouras. Perhaps you can put a link to it on the page? The page could use some extra 'getting there' information anyway, I have asked this before already but got no reply. I went to Crete in july, and this page was not very useful in finding the mountain and trailheads (please view this as constructive criticism!).

If you want, you could give me administrators rights as well and I can write a little extra information?

Cheers,

Rick

Thomas Gurviez

Thomas Gurviez - Nov 20, 2007 12:58 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Added a map

Hello,

I've just given to you the admninistrator rights for the Psiloritis page. Feel free to complete it, I do understand your improvement projects !

Regards.


Thomas

Rick B

Rick B - Nov 20, 2007 5:00 pm - Voted 6/10

Re: Added a map

Thanks for the quick response! I will add some material later this week.

Cheers,

Rick

alkiskond

alkiskond - Dec 11, 2007 6:33 am - Voted 9/10

Acces

The common way to get to the mountain is the road coming from Heraklion. The road is in very good conditon and goes to the village of Anogeia. There are also busses coming from Heraklion and reaching this village during the whole year.After the village the road coninues up to the plateau of Nida (about 15km far from Anogeia). From Nida-plateau beginns the most common path to the summit of Psiloritis. Nida is at the east side of the mountain without accomodation possibilities. There is only a taverne that works in the weekends.
The path is marked with red and yellow spots and have an east-west direction. If there is snow there its almost impossible to see the spots, so that means, that you will have a lot of problems finding the right way between so many small peaks around. Only people that know the path right good will not have any problems to find the way during winter.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Psiloritis' main page