R.Larribet-Port du Lavedan

R.Larribet-Port du Lavedan

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.85050°N / 0.312°W
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: PD- (poco dificil, low difficulty)
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The normal french route to peak Pallas had as trailhead the Refuge de Larribet and go across the Port du Lavedan. The best option is generally to realize it in 2 days with one night in the mountain hut.

Getting There

Trailhead of the route of the refuge: Parking of Pla d'Aste.

Getting there: from Pau to south to Bruges, Arbéost and Arrens-Marsous. From the last village follow the road of valley of Arrens for 10 km to the end of the road in the parking of Pla d'Aste.

Route Description

Day 1: Refuge of Larribet
Trailhead: Pla d'Aste (1470m)
Time: 2 hours
Slope: 600m.
Tel Refuge de Larribet: 0562972539, 60 places.

From the parking we follow across the bridge over the river for a path in the forest to the lake of Suyen. Bordering the lake across the left side (east) we reach the little hut of Doumblas (1563m). In this point we turn to right (west) leaving the route of Port de la P.St.Martin in left side (french route to Refuge of Respomuso). A new forest in a ravine is the itinerary to reach the plain of La Claou. In right side is the vivac called Toue de Larribet (1810m) but we go to left to the visible Refuge de Larribet (2060m).

PallasPallas & P.Lavedan
Day 2: Port Lavedan-Pallas
Time: 3h
Slope: 900m.

The route go to the south across the nice Lake of Batcrabere (2180m) that's bordered for the left side searching the left side of the spun to reach the lakes of Micoulau. We turn to west (right) to reach the Port du Lavedan (2615m) leaving in left side the peak Sommet de Batcrabere (2707m) and the ridge Batcrabere-Balaitous (where's the Col Noir, normal pass of the french route to Balaitous).
In the Port du Lavedan we descent a little in right direction to find the entry of Chimney Ledourmeur. From here is the same itinerary of spanish normal route to the summit of Pallas.

The full route is possible in a long day with slope of 1500 meters and 5h to the summit.

Essential Gear

Nothing special in summer, but the rope of 30 meters is advisable for begginers in the chimney (but anchorage difficult to find).
In winter or early in the season (may-june) are neccesary crampons and ice-axe.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

PallasRoutes