Radek and Blondie top out on...

Radek and Blondie top out on...

Radek and Blondie top out on the rock climbing portion of the route. Probably 4th class or maybe 5.0 off-route wanderings we did to try to avoid a bergschrund that we shouldn't have. Blondie gets big credit for putting up with our mistake.
Brian Jenkins
on Jun 5, 2003 5:00 pm
Image ID: 21272

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
rpc

rpc - Mar 21, 2005 11:55 am - Voted 10/10

Good times..

sure brings back some fun memories (well, not for the dog maybe everytime she barks in her sleep, this is probably the moment she's reliving)!

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Mar 21, 2005 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good times..

Yep, I had never seen a "relieved" dog expression before until I saw her get over that edge. If I remember correctly, she loved the snow downclimb too, eh?

Klenke

Klenke - May 21, 2006 4:20 am - Hasn't voted

No dogs were harmed...

...in the making of this film...I hope. Blondie does not look happy.

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 22, 2006 6:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No dogs were harmed...

I did not find out til Radek got up there that when I "took" it was sqeezing her poor little dog ribs. He said at one point, it looked like she just gave up and resigned herself to dying. I remember Radek yelling "slack" really loud. Poor puppy. She was unharmed though, just scared.

Come to think of it, this was the last time I led anything with Radek around. :-)

rpc

rpc - May 22, 2006 8:38 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: No dogs were harmed...

Paul,
though Blondie was not hurt physically, to this day she's "mentally" sore at me. At the very mention of "Washington" (be it "Peak" or "George"), she'll take a dump in the kitchen as payback to me.

Brian,
"Come to think of it, this was the last time I led anything with Radek around. :-)"

...need to rectify that. We ALMOST climbed some Gorge sh.. together last time were it not for your job :)

Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - May 22, 2006 11:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No dogs were harmed...

Oh yeah. I even went out and bought ascenders now for that. :- ) Hope that route happens eventually.

Went up yesterday to try to climb some rock routes on Illumination Rock but weather on Hood was not nice. Hope you got out and did something fun.

Blondie must spell out "Brian can't belay!" in her "gifts".

Viewing: 1-6 of 6