Radnor Forest Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
DrJonnie

DrJonnie - Aug 18, 2008 8:21 am - Voted 10/10

Wide open spaces

nice one daveyboy,
I didn't realise there was so much open space in that area, never having travelled further west than Newtown. Navigating has got to be interesting in poor visibility with so few landmarks.
cheers Johnnie

daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 18, 2008 2:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wide open spaces

This is a lovely wild open area of Wales and I hope this SP addition will draw more people to the scenery it has to offer. Navigation is difficult in the worst weather conditions as even the 60 metre radio tower is not always visible.
Thank you for the nice words.

David.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 18, 2008 12:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Mid Wales

Nice page david, very detailed and nice photography to boot. The area kind of remindes me of the Cambrian Mountains - wild, grassy, rounded summits. I often have conferences in Builth so I'll have to stop for a walk there next time I'm in the area.

Chhers
Dan

daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 18, 2008 2:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mid Wales

Cheers Dan,
It is an area worth visiting and Builth is close. I mean very close...! When you pay a visit to the area add anything you can to the page. I have not really been around the Cambrian Mountains. I once worked on a big radio mast at Mynydd Pencarreg and I think thats the closest I have been.
All the best Dan.
David.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Aug 18, 2008 3:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Mid Wales

Nah, Mynydd Pencarreg isn't quite the Cambrian Mountains, but I can see it from my house. You must get to Pumlumon though, it's really very nice.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Aug 18, 2008 4:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mid Wales

Thats a big 300ft+ BT-Mast. I been to the top of it a fair few times in my transmitter working days and the views from the top of it are impressive...! Its a shame it has not been recent whilst having digital cameras because I could of had some digital shots to share.
I need to get to Plumlumon again as it seems a really nice place and the last time I was on its summit was when I was 16 years old. Yikes.
David.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Radnor Forest' main page