Raduha North Face Ferrata

Raduha North Face Ferrata

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41000°N / 14.73700°E
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: medium hard protected route
Sign the Climber's Log

Rating The Tour (By Hiking Standards)

On the Raduha Route
Crossing the slopes

0. General. From 1327 m (parking place) to 2062 m. Till Grohat, 1460 m a mountain road or good path, then good path through steep forrest slopes, finally a medium hard ferrata or protected path. Exposition towards the N. All the time well marked. Nice ascent! Gear: Good shoes, poles for the descent.

1. Effort. 750 m. 1 h 30 min from the hut, from the parking place 2 h 15 min.

2. Power. 2 - easy.

3. Psysche. 3 - medium.

4. Orientation. 2 - easy. The grading system for hiking and scrambling routes is here.

Getting There

See the main page how to get to Bukovnik farm, 1327 m. From there you go by the road or (better) by the marked path to Koča na Grohatu, 1460 m (mountain hut). Till here 45 min.

Route Description

Raduha N Face Ferrata
In the ravine

The joint ascent from the north goes for both routes some 20 minutes together. After you leave Koča na Grohatu, you soon pass the hut of mountain rescue organisation, start ascending more steeply towards the walls of Mala Raduha, and then reach the well marked crossroads. Our direct route turns right, still by a good, marked path. A few inscriptions are saying that you are on a very demanding path ('zelo zahtevno', which is quite exaggerated. The path ascends comfortably. Around a corner and over a side ridge we cross the steep slopes, covered with a nice larch forrest. A few minutes later we go even more horizontally, till on a nice place below a rocky barrier our path turns sharply left and up. (The other path continues crossing the slopes.) Now the real ascent begins.

The path is more or less lost, but marks are good and as the route is very frequented, there are clear trails, indicating where to go. Soon also steel cables and pegs help us, so that we are well protected. All the time we are ascending through a ravine between the walls of Mala Raduha (on the left) and Velika Raduha (on the right). On the upper part of the ravine the route exits towards the right, over a few more steep sections we climb on a grassy side ridge, where all the difficulties are over. Now we just walk up to the main ridge, turn right and soon we are on the highest point.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.