Viewing: 1-12 of 12
mrwsierra

mrwsierra - Jun 26, 2007 4:47 pm - Voted 10/10

congrats....

on a fine ascent Christopher.

Brad Marshall

Brad Marshall - Jun 26, 2007 7:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations

Way to go Christopher. Congrats to both you and Ian on reaching the summit and getting down safely.

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Jun 27, 2007 10:54 am - Voted 10/10

Well done...

nice photos and nice read.

Dan

Scott Wesemann

Scott Wesemann - Jul 3, 2007 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

I also stayed in the Muir shelter that same night and remember seeing you and your friend. Good to see he recovered and made it down.

TheBootfitter

TheBootfitter - Jul 3, 2007 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report

Was that Thursday night? Or Friday night? Were you one of those that started up Sat morning and got turned around by the weather?

Edit: I just clicked on your profile and think I recognize you as one of the guys who started climbing but got turned around. I'd have done the same. It wasn't pretty up high! I think you ended up heading a bit to the skier's left and passing us on the way down to Paradise, no?

Scott Wesemann

Scott Wesemann - Jul 3, 2007 5:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice report

Friday night and yeah that was us. I wish we would have stayed up there for a few days, because the weather was clear by Sunday, but everyone in my group freaked out when the rangers offered to escort everyone down.

SFMountaineer

SFMountaineer - Jul 3, 2007 1:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice

A good example of proper mountaineering, teamwork, and looking out for your climbing partner[s]. Well done.

mrbynum

mrbynum - Jul 3, 2007 4:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great story

Congrats on the accomplishment and thanks for sharing the story and photos. It's good encouragement to climb.

RookJohnson

RookJohnson - Jul 3, 2007 4:08 pm - Hasn't voted

.

crazy boot man =)
''In hindsight, I could have prevented two swift kicks in the butt had I not verbalized this sentiment to my partners.''

so did you say 'yeah i been climbin vert recently, you guys probably havent so ill wait up for ya' smiling of course.


good report, i know the BIRDman was on the mountain around that time.

tioga

tioga - Oct 4, 2007 11:44 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent

This was a great read. I hope to someday climb the mountain, though I have no mountaineering experience, yet. It was good to read a trip report about climbing Rainier. Good report!

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Nov 19, 2017 4:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Way to go, 10/10

Now I just hope you can help James remove HIS asterisk. I salute you for having made the right choices and stuck to your stringent game plan. Too many quasi -climbers perambulate around up there somewhat pathetically, many end up dependent on the mercy of guys like Todd Burleson and Chippy Long (a renowned RMI guide). Again, great job!

JoelSkok

JoelSkok - Mar 15, 2018 6:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Way to go, 10/10

I like the phrase you used "the sunrise teasing Little Tahoma" Nice!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Rainier -- Remove the asterisk! (DC)' main page