Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 42.20869°N / 1.42694°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 1640 ft / 500 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rallón (493m)
Rallón

Rallón is probably the most popular peak of Bardenas Reales because it has an easy track to its summit and it’s possible to reach the summit even in BTT. It’s also the highest point of this area and the landscape is very wide and nice. Not very far of this mountain is the peak Piskerra, a lower but most interesting peak that you can climb in the same day if you want. In my opinion is advisable the climb of both peaks using the tracks to return to car but it’s important to know that some areas are labyrinths among the sandy shapes and it don’t has path and you must search the places to cross the small ravines.

Getting There

Arguedas:
-From North: from Pamplona take AP-15 in direction to Tudela and take the exit of Arguedas-Valtierra some km before of Tudela.
-From South: go to Navarra in direction to Tudela and follow the AP-15 to the exit of Arguedas-Valtierra.

-In Arguedas you must take the narrow road signalled as “Bardenas Reales” in the road in direction to Tudela. After the headquarters the last part is a forest track to Castildeterra, the beautiful small peak. After that you must follow the track for 5 km to a point near Cabaña de Piskerra continuing the track for 4,5km to Cabaña del Rincón de las Rallas.


See bigger map

Red Tape

-The Bardenas is a Natural Park with rules about wildlife, camping and driving. Normally you can read the signals about it.
-Some of the areas in Bardena Blanca are signalled as Zona Militar. Prohibido el Paso (Military zone, forbidden pass). It’s very advisable to respect the area if you don't want to die for a shot of any airplane. Be careful with it.
-Use of a car: after a recent rain (not very frequent in this desert) it's not advisable to drive across the tracks of Bardenas with a normal car, in this case is advisable the use of 4x4.

Camping

Camping is not allowed.
It exist many villages near of Bardenas. The most important city near of Bardenas is Tudela with some hotels, but Pamplona, the main city of Navarra is at 1 hour by car.

Campings:
Camping Bardenas, Villafranca (Navarra). It's the only one in this area.

External Links

mendikat.net: Rallón

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Bardenas RealesMountains & Rocks