Ramo di Vedòrcia

Ramo di Vedòrcia

The Vedòrcia branch of the group Spalti di Toro seen from Monte Vedòrcia. From right: Cresta di Santa Maria, Cima Cadìn degli Elmi, Cima Cadìn di Vedòrcia, Cima Cadìn di Toro, "Il Castello di Vedòrcia" and Campanile Toro.
ganesh70
on Jan 10, 2008 8:48 am
Image ID: 371753

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Alpinist

Alpinist - Jan 10, 2008 11:15 am - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Those are some nice looking peaks! Do you live there?

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 10, 2008 12:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thank you! This are wonderful dolomitic peaks, the mountains of Thor ( God of thunder ). This is a very wild place, you have to walk in the snow for at least four hours to reach it, and the path is very steep. I think nobody goes there for all the winter season, or maybe only some crazy ski-mountaineer. But I would certainly live there in the summer.
Ciao!
Fabrizio

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jan 10, 2008 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Suuuuper!

This is a view, worth of every praise! I thought I saw the most beautiful scenes from Dolomites mountains, but this picture tells me, it's far for being true. This is like Geisler view or something similar, but far less known. Thank you, Fabrizio, for sharing with us this scene!

I'm sorry that coordinates are not exact. I had to look on my map to find the place. But you're lucky - the beauty of the scene still grants 10/10 ;)

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 11, 2008 3:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Suuuuper!

Thank you! But this is just a small part of the view towards the group, I will post other pics and a panorama to explain how wonderful is this place. I had never been there in winter and I must say that the view is much better then it is in the summer. But as I said to Alpinist is very hard to go there in this season ( though there's much less snow than 10 or 20 years ago), because the roads to Rifugio Padova and La Faghera are closed so you have to start from Domegge di Cadore, on the other side of the iced lake.
I also saw many beautiful places in the Dolomiti and this one is without doubt one of the best ( but this are not Dolomiti... ).
Sorry for the coordinates, on my page of the group you will find also them.
Ciao!

Dottie Little Tent

Dottie Little Tent - Jan 15, 2008 11:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Like the Tetons on Steroids!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 16, 2008 3:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thank you! Maybe Triassic steroids...

Lupino

Lupino - Jan 16, 2008 4:15 am - Voted 10/10

Ooooh!

Looking at this imagine, so beautiful, ispiring, relaxing, I would be far from my desk in the chemical lab. The smell of acids should be replaced immediately by fresh air and the view from my window with this incedible and spectacular crown of mountains. Just last week, reading the book "Vietato Volare" of Paolo Bizzarro (unfortunately died less than 3 years ago) I knew the name of this area. It will deserve a visit in the future...if it will be possibile. Thanks

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 16, 2008 5:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Ooooh!

I understand you, I also need to escape from the routine of the ordinary life. But I'm lucky to live near "fairy tale" places like this, where you can forget everything enjoying the views and breathing the fresh air ( and maybe talking with a chamoix, the only living being that you can find there...).
Paolo Bizzarro was a very good alpinist from my town, I know his story ( he climbed with Angelo Ursella, one of our best climbers died on the north face of the Eiger ) but I haven't read his book yet, I think I'll buy it soon.
If you go back in the Dolomiti you have just to cross the river Piave, I'm sure you won't be disappointed by this mountains.
Ciao!!

Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Jan 16, 2008 8:40 am - Voted 10/10

You've captured.............

a beautiful scene!! Is the hut in the foreground one that you can spend the night in?

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 16, 2008 9:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You've captured.............

Thank you! Well, this are private huts, if you know the owner you could spend the night there.
But nobody goes there in winter, the path is too hard. I was lucky that day because there wasn't much snow ( 50-70 cm... ), usually it's a very difficult place to reach.
Ciao!!

alex_vega

alex_vega - Jan 16, 2008 12:34 pm - Voted 10/10

Belissima foto ...

.... Fabrizio! Se sarebe quella casseta mia ... ehhh ... sarebe tropo bello ... paradiso!

Ciao, Alex

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 16, 2008 1:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Belissima foto ...

Grazie! The place is fantastic, but too far from everything, and now probably with the loads of snow that fell the last days the hut is almost buried...

pralongo

pralongo - Jan 16, 2008 1:26 pm - Voted 10/10

spalti di toro.....

this photo is very very nice: ma questo splendido balcone come lo raggiungi?
thank's
max

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jan 16, 2008 1:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: spalti di toro.....

Bè se abiti a Venezia non sei lontano. D'estate la miglior cosa è andare al Rifugio Padova in macchina ( da Domegge di Cadore ) e prendere poi il sentiero per il Rifugio Tita Barba, sono circa 2/3 ore. D'inverno è molto più dura, le strade sono chiuse e devi partire da Domegge o da Pieve ed è fattibile solo se non c'è molta neve ( o al limite con racchette da neve o sci da alpinismo ). Circa 4 ore. Puoi trovare tutte le info sul gruppo nella mia pagina sugli Spalti e i Monfalconi, è sulla front page.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14