Refuge du Portillon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.70737°N / 0.51669°E
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Difficulty: F+ (Easy sup, I+)
Additional Information Grade: II
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The lake of Portillon with...Refuge du Portillon

Approach to Refuge du Portillon, you can to see the page of Refuge. You must to walk to the Refuge the previous day (4h from Granges d'Astau).

Slope: 750m
Time to summit: 1h 45m

Getting There

See the main page to approach to Granges d'Astau.

Route Description

ChimneyChimney
Access to the ridgeRock-climb

We'll begin in Refuge du Portillon (2568m) crossing the dam to the other side. We'll follow initially the path to Collado de Literola and the route of peak Perdiguero from this side. With many attentions we'll search a little path in left side to leave the route most frequented of Perdiguero. The point to leave the path it's not evident but we'll see the peak Crabioules in front of us and some rocky spun in left side with some cairn. Little by little we'll walk the long ramp. The zig zag with cairn reaches some little walls and chimneys of easy rock-climb (I, good rock).
In the last section we'll reach the bottom of the ridge and we'll search in left side a channel (I+) vertical (45º) to arrive to the ridge. After some exposed step crossings, easy but with some cracked rocks) we'll reach finally the very wide terrace of the summit. It’s a spectacular summit with great views.



Essential Gear

Rope for the begginers.
Crampons and ice-axe early in the season (spring), not in summer.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LézatRoutes