Rendezvous Mountain, 10,450'

Rendezvous Mountain, 10,450'

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 43.59574°N / 110.86642°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 10450 ft / 3185 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rendezvous Mountain seen from Cirque TrailRendezvous Mountain seen from Cirque Trail
Grand Teton seen from...Grand Teton seen from the summit of Rendezvous Mountain

Not to be confused with Rendezvous Peak, elevation 10,927 feet, Rendezvous Mountain is 10,450 feet high and is located directly west of Teton Village, Wyoming. This mountain could be considered as Wyoming's answer to California's Mammoth Mountain in the Sierra Nevada Range. Rendezvous Mountain was developed for skiing in the winter time, and sight-seeing and hiking in the summer time. Thanks to technology and modern conveniences of life, this is probably one of the easiest mountains to reach the summit of since Jackson Hole Aerial Tramway will take you to within a hundred feet of the summit. The tram ride, some 2.5 miles long, as a bird flies, and some 4,140 feet of elevation gain, will give you a great feel for the size and scope of this mountain. At the end of the ride, climbing some twenty or forty steps will put you on the very top of the mountain.




The views from the top of Rendezvous Mountain are truly grand. Being in the Teton Range, the first thing you would be looking for is the grandest of them all, Grand Teton itself. Although the distance is somewhat far, Grand Teton will not disappoint you. The bulk of the upper portion of The Grand is high enough to peek out above the foreground ridges and mountains to give you an impressive view. The 360 degree birds-eye view of the surrounding mountains and valleys are breathtaking. Looking east and south gives an impressive view of Snake River and surrounding landscapes. To make your stay on top even more fun and convenient, there is a small general store that serves some food, drinks and gifts, and offers public restrooms.




In addition to a 4-wheel drive service road, there are a number of trails that one could take for sight-seeing. One of the trails takes you to the "End of The Earth," a short half of a mile long to a spot where you get a good view of the nearby valleys. Other hikes include Corbet's Rock and Cirque Trail. Cirque Trail, the subject of a separate page, will lead to the top of the gondola where there is a much more upscale restaurant and bar is located. Another trail takes one to the top of a long series of rock formations skirting the summit of Rendezvous Mountain. We spotted a few fixed anchors from Corbet's Rock indicating rock climbing activity. Looking at this rock band from the bottom reveals potential for many trad and sport routes at 10,000 feet.

Information on the Tram:

Jackson Hole Aerial Tramway

Tram tickets:

Tram Tickets

====================================================================

Topo Map of Rendezvous Mountain
Riding the tram and looking...Jackson Hole Aerial Tramway. The summit of Rendezvous Mountain clearly visible. This ride takes just under 9 minutes.



Rock band near the summit
Rendezvous Mountain and Grand Teton
Carolyn catching...
section of the trail

Getting There

Snake River seen from...Snake River seen from the summit of Rendezvous Mountain
Hiking to  End Of The Earth Hiking the trail to End of Earth, a shot pleasant hike from the top
Corbet s Cabin on the summitCorbet's Cabin near the summit

From the town of Jackson Hole, Wyoming, take highway 22, Teton Pass Highway and drive about five miles to its intersection with "Moose Wilson Road" Highway 390. This intersection is shortly after crossing Snake River. Turn right onto Moose Wilson and drive another eight miles to Teton Village. Turn left and enter the village. You will find many restaurants and cafes as well as sporting good store in this village.

Camping

Camping:

There are many campgrounds within and outside of Grand Teton National Park. Availability of campsites depends greatly on the season. The following link provides much more information than this page can provide.

Grand Teton National Park Camping

External Links

Jackson Hole Tram...

Information on the Tram:

Jackson Hole Aerial Tramway

Tram tickets:

Tram Tickets






Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.