Viewing: 1-8 of 8
daveyboy

daveyboy - Nov 24, 2009 4:37 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Page

Thank you for the comment.
It really is a nice area of Scotland. It is part of an area that draws me back to it time and time again as it is so peaceful and quiet. If ever you pass it again try and make time to do any of its shapely summits. As said in the page the Rhinns of Kells ridge is an exhilarating ridge walk and totally unforgettable.
Cheers - David.

Boydie

Boydie - Nov 25, 2009 11:47 am - Voted 10/10

Nice one.

Another nice addition to the current ranges in Scotland, with plenty of good and relevant info David. It's good to see more exposure for what Scotland has to offer, especially outwith the Highlands. I have a suggestion. What about calling the area just 'The Kells Range'. I've seen it referred to in this way a few times, most notably by the SMC.
Cheers,
Stephen

daveyboy

daveyboy - Nov 25, 2009 12:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice one.

I did think about shortening the name as the complete lot is a bit of a mouthful...?
I know the ridge is called the Rhinns of Kells but never knew the range to be referred to as The Kells Range.
Will it effect my page by changing this...?
Look after yourself and thank you for the vote on this lovely area of Scotland.
David.

tioga

tioga - Jan 7, 2010 7:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

I always love your pages, especially since they are from an area that doesn't have "high" mountains. Also, great pics. Keep up the great work.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Jan 9, 2010 6:17 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

Thank you for the kind words about my pages and photos.
The mountains as you say might not be high but they can still offer great adventures. I will be working on another area as soon as I get myself back on the mountains for 2010.

dadndave

dadndave - Jan 8, 2010 5:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page

Nicely organised and great photos.

I'm sad to say I've driven right past this area several times and not even given them a thought, being focussed on Glencoe and Ben Nevis etc. The things you miss when you have tunnel vision!

daveyboy

daveyboy - Jan 9, 2010 6:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page

You have certainly hit the nail on the head there.
A lot of people do just that in pass the area for the Highlands and miss this part and the Moffat Hills completely.
Next time if you can do them as the scenery is spectacular.
Cheers - David.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Feb 27, 2010 4:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One day.....

They are certainly worth a visit.
Thank you very much for your positive comment about the layout of the page. I always put plenty of time and effort into my pages spending much time researching them. I am in the processes of making my page for The Cobbler that bit better as I have sadly not been up any new mountains or hills this year.
Cheers - David.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Rhinns of Kells' main page