Rifugio Vittorio Emanuele II

Rifugio Vittorio Emanuele II

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 45.60000°N / 7.21667°E
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8963 ft / 2732 m

Location

In the middle of the italian National Park of the Gran Paradiso (Parco del Gran Paradiso) at an altitude of 2732 meters, this hut is wonderfully placed for climbs to nearby Gran Paradiso. The old hut was built back in 1884, but a new building was built nearby in 1961, offering lodging and food for about 190 people. It's organized in a low floor (common room, kitchen and dining rooms) and two storeys (first one with many private rooms for up to 6 people and second one with common accomodation on mattresses).

Other feasible climbs around the area are Ciarforon, Tresenta or Becca di Monciair

Opening period: Mid-March to Mid-September
Contact phones (official web site of the hut, nowadays under improvements)
There's also a winter room, unguarded.

The most common path to the hut starts at the parking area of Pont (Valsavaranche) and goes uphill for two to three hours before reaching the hut. The access to this parking area is easily done from the road of the Aosta Valley, between Aosta and Courmayeur.

External Links

Official web page of the hut, nowadays undergoing maintenance but offering complete information
Valsavarenche: Official web site of the municipality of Valsavarenche, on the west side of Gran Paradiso

Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gran ParadisoHuts & Campgrounds