Ring col di Bornes-Aver-Longhede-Champlon

Ring col di Bornes-Aver-Longhede-Champlon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.80070°N / 7.53560°E
Additional Information Route Type: Path
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



Exit Chatillon of the motorway, follow Valtournenche; after a few kilometers, turn to Torgnon; in Torgnon, look for the sign (left) Colle di San Pantaleon; before the pass, on your left, a small parking; stop a few minutes and enjoy yourselves with the magnificent view of Monte Cervino.
Take again the car and continue down till a deviation: brown sign Area attrezzata Champlong; take this way; after a few hundreds meters, on your right, there is the Loozon Lake park, a wet area with a particular vegetation.
Your road continues till the area of Champlong, with a small lake; stop the car 100 meters after the lake of Champlong, on your left. Here start a road non asphalted.

Route Description

Follow this road till the col di Bornes; this is the same way descripted by Gangolf in his south route. Take on your left a path that without any problem, arrives to the top of Becca d'Aver (a couple of hours); follow the big ridge that relates the Becca d'Aver to the Cima Longhede, 20 minutes, but the ridge is scenic, and if you stop looking around, it takes more time....

When you come back, follow the ridge only for a part, then come down on your left; there is a small path that cross the mountain, direction north, and arrive to the old house of the farmers that you found hiking the Becca d'Aver; here the path is the same of the walk up; follow this path till a deviation on your left, yellow sign number 2; follow this path, sometimes steep, you will arrive straight on to your car.
With the car, don't come back to the pass Colle di St. Pantaleone; come down to St. Denis or to Verrayes.
At Colle di St. Pantaleone there is the start of another path that arrives to Col di Bornes.


Essential Gear

Normal path

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.