lcarreauOutstanding..

lcarreau

Excellent work on your page !!

I love the colorful Google Earth image map you included!

The images of the red rocks are exceptional. I like the way you
like to travel to some of the "less-visited" areas of Utah.
Posted Jan 6, 2011 12:55 pm

Matt LemkeRe: Outstanding..

Matt Lemke

Thank you very much.
Posted Jan 6, 2011 1:31 pm

DeanLands End

Located just south of Hans Flats Ranger station (about a 15 mile or so drive) is one of Utah's top 100 prominence spots, listed at #79 with a modest elevation of over 7000 feet. While it isn't the same as a slot canyon or located in a canyon, it is still attractive to those who are chasing those top 100 prominence peaks.It is referred to as Lands End and is a tremendous view point. I put a SP page together on it and have visited the area twice. I'll be back again for more exploring in the area and your page is a welcome addition to this effort. However, I thought you might be interested in knowing about this
spot that is certainly part of the Robbers Roost area. Click here for a link.
Posted Jan 10, 2011 7:53 am

Matt LemkeRe: Lands End

Matt Lemke

Thanks for the comment. I have actually been there and loved it.
BTW, in your page about it, passenger cars are able to get beyond the Hans Flat Ranger Station all the way down to the Neck Campsite. Thats what I had and I made it being careful.
Posted Jan 10, 2011 9:09 am

DeanRe: Lands End

I'm glad you have been there too. It is a great place. You are braver than I am as far as a passenger car goes so kudos to your effort. Anyway, great page and the more info about these areas of Utah, the better.
Posted Jan 10, 2011 11:25 am

Matt LemkeRe: Lands End

Matt Lemke

Planning to head back there in March for Spring Break. Maybe I will be able to add some canyon pages to my new page :)
Feel free to do the same if you've done any canyons in the area.
Thanks again...truly is an awesome area.
Posted Jan 10, 2011 3:10 pm

ianc82fantastic photos

ianc82

great photos. I like the black borders too. very thorough and well composed. I miss the southwest.
Posted Jan 27, 2011 4:04 pm

Matt LemkeRe: fantastic photos

Matt Lemke

Thank you very much. This will always be a page in progress as I will be adding photos/canyons to this page as I continue exploring southern Utah. Hope you can get back there sometime.
Posted Jan 27, 2011 5:05 pm