Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.53701°N / 105.50875°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 11826 ft / 3605 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Rosedale Peak forms the terminus of the Pegmatite Points east of Rosalie Peak in the Mount Evans Wilderness.

Rosedale Peak is mostly tree covered. Only the talus fields of its two summits stick out of the dense canopy of the surrounding conifer and pine forests.

Getting There

Meridian Trailhead

Drive west from Denver on US 285 approximately 28 miles to the first traffic light before the top of Crow Hill. Turn right (northwest) on to Park County 43 A and drive in a northwesterly direction for 6.8 miles to a "Y" in the road. Bear right. Go 1.5 miles, passing Meridian Campground on the left. Take the next left and turn left on Prospector Way. Go .8 miles past Camp Rosalie to the trailhead. The last mile is a single lane dirt road and can be muddy.

Lost Creek/Indian Creek Trailhead

Approaching Rosedale Peak from the north via Lost /Indian and Cub Creek Trail leads you through remote and seldom visited backcountry.

From Denver, take I-70 west to Evergreen Parkway exit, go 6 miles south on Hwy.74 to Evergreen Lake, and turn right on Upper Bear Creek Rd. Go 6.5 miles west on Upper Bear Creek Rd. to Cty. Rd. 480, then right on Cty. Rd. 480 3 miles to the Mount Evans State Wildlife Area. From the entrance, continue 2.6 miles to the Lost Creek/Captain Mountain Trailhead.

Red Tape

Mount Evans Wilderness - "an area where the earth and its community of life are untrammeled by man, where man himself is a visitor who does not remain " - Wilderness Act, September 1964.

The trailhead is within Pike Nationalforest - you will enter into Mount Evans Wilderness only at the summit ridge.

Please abide to all national forest and wilderness regulations.

Leave no trace! - see the following link for low impact hiking:

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/psicc/recreation/general_recreation/trace.shtml

Camping

Along the trail:

Possible camping at the flat areas of the saddle below Rosedale Peak.

Closest established campsite: Meridian Campground (you will pass it shortly before turning into Prospector Way to the Trailhead)

- 18 campsites with parking spurs 16-30’
- camping season begins in May and continues to early September
- the use fee is $13.00 per night
- facilities include: water, tables vault toilet and fire rings


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.