Route 2: From Sunset Overlook

Route 2: From Sunset Overlook

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.28280°N / 111.61672°W
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting there and Route Info

Route 2:
From the Sunset Overlook: When there is snow on the road and it is impassable, starting at the sunset overlook is a great hike and probably my favorite route.

The Sunset Overlook is located at elevation 7265 where there is a big bend in Squaw Peak road and there are big boulders and an obvious place to park off the right (west) side of the road. It is located about halfway between the Squaw Peak Road split (between SP overlook and Hope Campground) and the main trailhead.

From where you park your car (this is on the NE side of Buffalo), find the trail that proceeds south along the east side of Buffalo mountain less than a mile until you reach the T intersection on the SE side of the mountain. Take a right (north) and follow the trail up the SE ridge 1/4 mile to the summit.











Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.