Routes on Skala and Male Spice / Cime Verdi

Routes on Skala and Male Spice / Cime Verdi

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.44342°N / 13.63695°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Scrambling and hiking on unmarked routes
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting there

You start the route on Mangart Saddle or at the nearby hut (1940m) or before the last tunel of Mangart road where you lead a marked route.

Normally you connect both ascents. Soo if you start from the road, then you first reach Skala and then Male Spice.

The time that you will need for this tour is around 4 hours.



Skala, 2133m

From the road you start ascending over the marked route. You go by an old italian hut and soon you transgress to the left on the unmarked route which comes from the Mangartsko sedlo (pass). You cross the steep grassy slope and soon you reach the notch Sedelce, 2031m. From the notch you climb over the east slope to the summit of Skala. Easily you reach only the eastern summit. You descend by the same route.

Male Spice / Cime Verdi, 2167m

You reach the most eastern summit of Male Spice.The summit of Male Spice, 2167m.

If you want to reach also Male Spice you descend by the same route back from Skala and then cross below the whole ridge of Male Spice almost to the Mangartsko sedlo (pass). From there you turn directly up and you reach the most eastern summit of Male spice over the steep grassy slope. You descend to the pass and then over the marked route back to the car.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes because of steep grassy slopes.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.