Roxy Ann Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

2skinners - Jan 14, 2007 11:35 am - Voted 10/10

Very Nice Page!!

I was going to list a page on this peak, but just never got around to it. Thanks for the great submission! I will add some of my photos to your page soon.

Dennis Poulin

Dennis Poulin - Jan 14, 2007 4:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Nice Page!!

This is where I hike to keep in shape in the winter. I see you are in Phoenix now. Is that a permanent move?

2skinners - Jan 17, 2007 3:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very Nice Page!!

No. My wife and I are doing the traveling nurse thing. We will only be here until April and then it will be off to probably Flagstaff or San Diego. Either one sounds pretty nice. I will probably visit the Medford area from time to time though as I made a couple of good friends/climbing partners while I was there.

donhaller3

donhaller3 - Mar 15, 2007 3:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Poison oak alert

Nice memories. I won't claim this as a summit as the one time I went all the way up was by bicycle all or nearly all the way. Rain and socked in on top. The only memory I have is worrying about riding down. A couple of weeks before a friend and I had come down in what turned into a freezing rain, with .22's across the handle bars. My brake calipers iced up just as the asphalt did, and I wound up laying down into gravel and brush to avoid worse. Painful, walking the bike down for a good portion of the return was worse.

Good memories from some of the pics. With friends or alone I spent most of my free time rambling around the slopes of Roxy Ann for about three years. I lived just west of Lone Pine School. The subdivisions had not really penetrated beyond where the the new high school was to be built and the lower slopes were still very rural then. Drug kicking and screaming to Portland in 1966 at fifteen, and missed intensely being able to go out the door and walk up or through hills for a long time.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Roxy Ann Peak' main page