RPC's Burgundy Spire - North Face

RPC's Burgundy Spire - North Face

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

A Word

Shirley & I climbed this nice route as an overnighter trip. We camped at the ~6600' benches and had Blondie with us. I recall that we did some route finding on the upper third of this line, including some sketchy slab and a 5.8+ chimney (the highlight of the day!). Also, somehow Blondie managed to untie her bowline knot with Yosemite finish & get loose while waiting for us at the base. No worries though as she is not a big fan of staying outdoors overnight sans tent and so she simply bullshitted with climbers passing thru. the saddle (confirmed later by a Mazama group led by a friend of ours coming off Silver Star Mtn.) and then went to sleep in the exact same spot where we left her tied off. Come to think of it, we actually met another group of our friends at the base that morning.

Photos

Burgundy SpireBurgundy from our campsite.

Burgundy SpireBurgundy Spire from the final leg of the approach.

North FaceLeading pitch 1 or 2.

North FaceShirley following pitch 1 or 2.

North FaceLeading pitch 3-ish on the lower half of route.

North FaceLarge ledge system marking the midway height (roughly)

North FaceAn off-route but interesting slab.

North FaceAfter the slab, we did some delicate tip-toeing around loose blocks.

North FaceBest pitch of the day, though technically not on the route proper I think.

North FaceShirley approaching the summit. Our car is visible waaay below on the road.

Burgundy Spire - SummitShirley on summit of Burgundy Spire.

Summit Block - Chianti SpireLooking towards Chianti Spire from summit.

Burgundy Spire - SummitLooking back on the approach from the summit.


Comments

No comments posted yet.