Rusty Old Cans Graveyard!

Rusty Old Cans Graveyard!

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational

Add Heading Here

I found this old trash strewn area looking for a good spot for photography in Owens Valley of California. Most of the cans are very old, fifty or sixty years, and were probably dumped there during mining activities of the period.


Rusty old cans!
Rusty old cans at the foot of the Sierras!




Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
EricChu

EricChu - Apr 21, 2016 5:49 pm - Voted 10/10

This immediately reminded me of something...

In 1997 I payed a visit to the Ortler group and on one of the mountain tops, the Dreisprachenspitze, just right above the Stelvio pass and on the border between Italy and Switzerland, I saw hundreds, if not thousands of old rusty cans lying about on the plateau right behind Dreisprachenspitze. At first I asked myself who on earth just simply dumps his litter here. Then, later, I found out that these are all remnants of World War 1, same as all of the old rusty barbed wire and even cannons (!) you can still see in various places in the Ortler group and also in the Dolomites...

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Apr 21, 2016 11:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: This immediately reminded me of something...

Hi Eric, Interesting story though I would have been a little apprehensive walking around where there may be unexploded munitions. But, for some strange reason I sort of get a kick out of roaming through places like this old-rusty cans graveyard. The area was pretty large and there were more than just old cans. I guess it's the history that I am interested in. Thinking that these belonged to people who may be long gone, but what kind of life they lived! It's all interesting to me.
Cheers,

Viewing: 1-2 of 2