Ryanair flight from Wrocław to Roma

Ryanair flight from Wrocław to Roma

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Informational, Scenery, Panorama

A fine Peak-naming quizz for 2012 !

During a short winter break we had the opportunity to fly from Wrocław to Roma. The first flight revealed most of the views, with a clear sky over the Austrian Alps (Salzburg), the Italian Dolomites, the Slovenian Alps and the Italian Apennines, while the way back (which curiously took a route much more East, over Croatia and Austrian pre-Alps) was mostly cloudy, until the north side of the Sudetes.
What is mentioned above were far to be the only visible ranges. We could also see far in the skyline the Tatras, the Beskids, the Velebit, and the mountains of Corsica. All in the same flight !

One of the things I learnt from this experience is that geotagging doesn't work when the camera is inside a plane... My mobile phone also failed to record the GPX route... :(
This is why, as done already twice before, I challenge all the friendly SP community in order to identify all of these puzzling and stunning mountains. As answers come, I will update the captions and attach it to the concerned mountains if they have pages.

For some of the regions I already have an idea of who will provide the best answers ;)

Update

Thanks to Mathias Zehring almost all pictures are identified !
Remaining areas :
- Italian Alps (Carnic & Gailtal most probably)
- Austrian pre-Alps (won't be easy...)
- Czech Jeseniky (won't be easy...)

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
eza

eza - Jan 5, 2012 6:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Say...

you DID have a nice time along that flight, no time to get bored, uh? Will try to give some answer or other, but it's not my usual terrain... :)

visentin

visentin - Jan 7, 2012 2:25 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Say...

Yes, a dream fly. Just spending one hour over mountains, flying like in a dream travel, going from one place of a dream travel of my life to another place of dream travel...
First time I see the Tatras, the Sudetes, the Austrian Italian and Slovene Alps, Dinarics, Appenines and Corsica mountains the same day.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Related 

Friends

Related objects are relevant to each other in some way, but they don't form a parent/child relationship. Also, they don't necessarily share the same parent.