S.W. Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 48.68800°N / 116.6498°W
Additional Information Route Type: Class 3 scramble with one pitch of easy 5.
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 4-5
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Starting point was the trail No. 217 at the end of Pack River Road. 2.5 mile hike to the lake and set up camp. We decided to make a camping trip out of it as well.

Route Description


This route is very straightforward. There are only 1 or 2 pitches where a rope is needed. Scramble N from the lake ascending the ridge, once on top head N.E. up the ridge (scrambling over boulders and loose rock) until you reach the first pitch. There are a couple of options here. Choose whatever you feel most confidant in. This route is not in any guide books, we were making our own way.

Essential Gear


Rope, Helmet (rockfall), light rack with nuts or stoppers. Accents into June will have to pack snow camping gear.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.