Saint Regis Mountain Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.40850°N / 74.3296°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Same approach as on the main page, simply take Route 30 from the south going north towards Paul Smiths. When you pass Paul Smiths College, you will see Keeses Mill Road. After driving on Keeses Mill Rd. for 2 1/2 miles, a gravel road will enter on the left. Take this road until it ends after about 1/2 mile at the Camp Topridge Gate. The trailhead is there.

Route Description

This route is 3.4 miles long, from trailhead to summit, and is an easy hike completed in around 1 hour to 1.5 hours by most people. The going is easy for the most part, but at the end there are a fair amount of rocks and steepness, but nothing that a child could not manage, much less an adult. In the summer the trail is filled with lush, green vegetation. The trail is marked by New York State DEC markers, and is very well maintained and used.

Essential Gear

All you need to bring is the right clothing. While a t-shirt and shorts or pants is comfortable and effective in the summer, winters in New York get very cold and there is lots of snow.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Liz - Jul 19, 2010 3:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Parking/Hike Difficulty

There is now (as of summer of 2010) a parking area specifically for this hike. DO NOT drive to Camp Topridge to park. My family loved this hike, but it was not "easy" since it is a 1260 foot elevation change as you climb to the top. This view of the lakes region of the Adirondacks is distinctly different from the views from the High Peaks region. Quite beautiful. Well worth it!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.