Salamón - West summit

Salamón - West summit

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.58000°N / 6.31°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

The route starts in Salamón (1070 m). Take a road that goes out of the village. You´ll leave a stream on your left which later you´ll cross.

The pictures bellow can guide you. It´s easy. This road takes you to the col (Collado Rebequeras). Sometimes you can find there cows or horses.

If you are lucky you´ll find this white dog in the picture. I found it twice and a friend of mine one more time. The dog it´s very good and funny and also a good guide. It likes going with climbers to the peak so it knows the way... amazing! If you go to the West summit of Llerenes, it could guide you, as my friend said "we just let it show us the way".


Route Description

If you are not lucky and you can see our dog-friend you just need to have a look at the picture bellow:

Basically you have to go up to the North, you´ll find a little col. There go the East leaving impresive walls on your left. The summit it´s not far.

In the top you´ll find a mount of rocks. Inside there are sometimes messages of other climbers. This is called a "buzón de cumbres", postbox summit.

In the picture the girl with bright coloured trousers has on her back the redge to the East, towards the other summit: the East summit. I´m not sure, I heard it´s possible to go from one to the other... maybe you must be a good climber and has ropes and climb equipment... I´ll try to solve the mistery.


Essential Gear

Warm clothes in winter, a raincoat in summer...

If you have winter equipment take it with you in winter. It´s not technical but you can find ice and snow frozen.
Snow shoes can be usefull as well.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

LlerenesRoutes