Scenic Wisconsin

Scenic Wisconsin

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Hiking, Wildlife, Flora, Informational, Scenery, Water

Scenic Wisconsin

Wisconsin is an upper-Midwest state that is renowned for beautiful scenery. Despite the absence of high mountain ranges like the Alps or Rockies, hikers are treated to lush forests, whitewater streams, waterfalls, rocky bluffs and cliffs, abundant wildlife and numerous small peaks and ridges. There are 71 ranked summits in the state, plus hundreds more named summits. Rugged and mountainous areas include the Penokee Mountains in the Northern Highlands, as well as the Baraboo Range and the Ocooch Mountains in the Western Upland. The Lake Superior Lowland, the Central Plain and the Eastern Ridges and Lowland are also beautiful areas with many streams, lakes and ridges. To see all this beauty up close, Wisconsin has over 2,700 miles of trails. The photos below are some of my favorites.



Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.