Second Coming

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.30400°N / 82.794°W
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.7
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


This route is located on the South Side of Looking Glass. To get there follow directions to Looking Glass Trailhead. Continue past the trailhead parking lot and Pisgah Wildlife Education Center then onto a dirt road (FR 475). Take the right hand split (FR 475B). At about 1 mile you will pass Slickrock Falls area with a large parking area also. This is the parking for the South Side Climbing area of Looking Glass. Follow the climbers trail past a kiosk and Slick rock falls for about .75 mile. The trail finish at the base of the cliff near "Stage Ledge". Seconding coming is located about 100 yards to the left.

Route Description


Pitch 1: 5.7 - follows a slabby crack to start then left to a right facing corner and then over a bugle to a sloping ledge which a gear belay.
Pitch 2 (& or 3*): 5.5 - continues up the crack, over flakes, then eventually begins wandering right towards a tree with rappel cables.

* some parties opt to run together the last part of the climb into one long rope stretching pitch or a gear belay can be set up along the way.

Essential Gear


Standard North Carolina Free Rack - I generally take aliens (blue, green, yellow and red) for the small stuff and friends for the larger up to 3.5", set of nuts and long runners. 2 60 meter ropes are necessary to make the rappel.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.