Sentinel Peak "A" Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
technicolorNH

technicolorNH - Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm Date Climbed: Oct 18, 2020

evening jaunt  Sucess!

Excellent views of Tucson at night. Some cars going up the road smelled like a brewery though, so walking on the road does have risks.

Stu Brandel

Stu Brandel - Jan 19, 2018 8:03 pm Date Climbed: Jan 16, 2018

A for Effortless  Sucess!

A quick hike to a beautiful view of Tucson.

oldadit

oldadit - Jan 13, 2009 11:31 pm

A to go  Sucess!

Nice view of downtown. My brother used to hang glide off this
peak. Watch out for the high tension lines ...

Outdooraholic

Outdooraholic - Aug 11, 2008 3:57 pm Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2008

Great view of the city  Sucess!

Great panoramic view of Tucson, great little hike for families with kids.

RedTreachery

RedTreachery - Mar 22, 2008 2:43 am Date Climbed: Mar 18, 2008

Might as well  Sucess!

Did this hike after hiking Wasson Peak. It's more of a party mountain for sure due to its background but it does provide a great view of downtown as most other mountains tend to be too far away or of the sort to provide a nice view of downtown.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Feb 17, 2008 7:55 pm Date Climbed: Feb 16, 2008

Sentinel Peak Trail  Sucess!

Hiked this peak with my hubby and parents on my birthday! The day cleared up nicely with a bright blue sky. Too much trash, especially broken glass, on the summit, though. Grafitti all over the summit, too. Still, we enjoyed the views of Tucson plus surrounding mountains. Also, what a joy to have a nice little summit so close to town.

rioblanco13

rioblanco13 - Dec 14, 2005 10:20 pm

Route Climbed: Sentinel Peak Trail Date Climbed: February 15 and 16, 2005  Sucess!

My science teacher/mountain climber Michael Heald, a close family friend Steve Seay, and my friends Jeff Perkins, Erik Shoener, and Blake Montgomery climbed this mountain two mornings to watch the sunrise while in Tucson for the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show. Small peak, but very conveniant and a great short hike to stretch your legs out. Great panoramic views of Tucson and the surrounding areas, and the sunrise hits the mountains with incredible beauty. We also climbed down on the painted "A". Great short 1 hour hike.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Sentinel Peak "A" Mountain' main page