Viewing: 1-7 of 7
tioga

tioga - May 18, 2008 5:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

That was my goal; to do these highpoints by hiking them and not driving to the top. Although, Mississippi's I had to walk from the top down. Thanks for the comments!

TiogaBradford

TiogaBradford - May 20, 2008 2:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Disneyland of National Parks...

Good ole Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Its too bad we didn't make it to Dollywood. I'm sure that would have cured our discontentment with the tourist mentality. Anyway, I have a feeling Maine will be better in July!

TiogaBradford

TiogaBradford - May 20, 2008 3:02 pm - Voted 10/10

By the way....

Good use of alliteration with your title!

tioga

tioga - May 21, 2008 9:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: By the way....

Thanks. I had originally titled it Seven Seasonally Spring Summits, realized that wasn't very good, thought hard about another 's' word, and remembered it was all in the South. Thanks for being a part of it, too. You made some special appearances in my report. Did you see the new page on Guatemala?

TiogaBradford

TiogaBradford - Jun 10, 2008 11:25 am - Voted 10/10

Re: By the way....

Yeah, I did see that I made in the report. I would argue that I was the star of the trip report, not just making a special appearance. Okay, maybe co-star. Anyway, I'm feeling a little better today....almost time to make the trip north.

BobSmith

BobSmith - May 22, 2008 5:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report!

The GSMNP is a wonderful place. But the urban sprawl around it is nothing short of monstrous. Sometimes I'd like to wipe Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge off the map.

tioga

tioga - May 22, 2008 5:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice report!

Thanks Bob! That was my first time in the park, but it was a great place. I wish I lived closer where I could visit it more often. The local communities are a nuisance. It just amazes me how many people go to a mountainish town for the weekend, but never spend any time in the actual mountains. Most are all for sitting in cars and inside buildings. But that gets old! Enjoy the southeast.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Seven Southern Spring Summits' main page